Chapter 37

*Lauren's P.O.V*

Daryl went out a few hours ago to get some supplies he went out with Rick. Merle has gone off in a hunting trip and he is not gonna be home in a few days. It's sundown when Daryl returns but him and Rick are not alone. They brought back a man called Jesus. One of the boys down the road is watching him. Daryl is sat out on our porch smoking. I walk out and kiss his shoulder then lean against it. "How you feeling" he asks. "I'm alright. And you" he grunts in response. We stand there looking up at the stars admiring the view. My eyebrows raise as I see a shadow pass by Ricks house. I tap Daryl and point to it. "Son of bitch. Prick got out" he yells before running to Ricks house. I sprint after him into the house with my gun raised.

We both rush up the stairs Carl stands behind Jesus with his gun in hand. Rick and Michonne are in the back sorting there clothes out. Grimes you bloody dog. "How did you get out" Rick questions. "One man can't cover two exits" Jesus explains then eating cookie. "You said we need to talk. Talk about what" Michonne asked. I look at him confused. He doesn't seem bad at all. "I'm from a place  a lot like this. I took the truck because my people need things. And you both look like trouble" he says looking towards Daryl slightly. I chuckle. "But you are good people, you could've left me out there but instead you brought me here gave me water and a roof over my head" Jesus says to us. "Our community's can help each other. We have other settlements. I can show you it" he explains. "Wait you said other settlements. Are trading with other groups already? How many more?" I ask standing up from my seat and standing next to Daryl. Jesus chuckles. "Your world is gonna get a whole lot bigger."

We are sat down in the van driving to the 'Hilltop' I think that's what he called it. "Hey Rick up ahead." There's been a crash, Jesus' people. "Stay here Daryl tells me. I salute at him and sit back down on the bench, rubbing my bump. Won't be long now till I have my baby in my arms. Voices are heard outside and I aim my gun at the door, gun cocked and ready. "Woah babe it's me don't shoot" Daryl says quickly before laughing a bit. I pull down the gun as he sits down next to me. "Sorry I don't know" I say embarrassed. The van is soon loaded with old faces and new faces. "You a Doctor?" Glenn questions the man at the table with medication in his hand. "Yea. You have helped save more lives today" he thanks. "Have any prenatal vitamins in there" Maggie asks. "For you?" He says smiling. "And Lauren there" I smile and wave at the man at the table. "I used to be a obstetrician. I owe you all so I think you just hit the jackpot" Daryl nods a thanks and puts his arm around me.

We all load out of the van. "This is is. That's the  Hilltop" Jesus tells us looking towards the fortress on the top of the hill. I slightly waddle my way up the hill holding my bump. Taking little breaks every once in a while. "You alright there" I turn to see Jesus. "Yea just making my way up slowly" I look around to see I'm still near the bottom. I sigh in frustration but yelp as I feel warm arms scoop me up. I turn to see Daryl. "Jackass" I chuckle hitting his chest. He carries me up the hill and places me back down when we reach the gate.

"Stop!" Someone yells. "You gonna make us" Daryl snaps aiming his gun. "Jesus what the hell is this! They turn in their weapons" he shouts. "Come and get em jackass" I spit aiming my gun at him standing near Daryl. "Lower your guns" Jesus says as they open the gate. "I'm over here in the medic bay when you want a check up" the doc says to me and Mags. We both nod thanking him.

"Jesus. Your back. With guests" an old man says walking through the double doors of the house into the main room. "Guys this is Gregory he's the-" Gregory interrupts him. "I'm the boss" he boasts. I sit down on one of the chairs and Gregory gives me a look of disgust. Daryl growls over at him causing Gregory to step back and look away from me. "Jesus go take them to clean up then we will talk" he orders. Jesus sighs before telling us to follow him. "Gonna kick his nuts io to his throat" I curse as I walk up the stairs next to Daryl. He smirks and kisses the side of my head.

"You excite to settle down" Abraham questions me and Daryl. I look at him confused. "We won't get to settle down like before but it will be nice to be a four" Daryl explains patting my head. "Dr Carson is over at the medic bay if you wanna go over and see him while try and sort a deal for Gregory" Rick says to us. Daryl nods and picks up his cross bow and hooks his gun over his should and grabs my hand. We make our way over. "What do you want it to be" I ask. "Girl. Can have another Daddy's little girl along with Tia cause I'm gonna be their favourite " I laugh at him. "Hey! They will love me too!" I chuckle. "Okay, I guess you should a favour too" he teases. " for a boy it would be Tobias and a girl Katherine" he tells me swinging our arms I look at him smiling. Where has Daryl Dixon gone? "For a boy I like Jacob but I do really like Tobias. A girl name to be Evie" I say smiling. He smiles as we reach the docs place.

"Ah Lauren and?" Dr Carson greets. "Daryl" he replies. I lay down on bed and lift my shirt up above my bump. "Now this will be a little cold" Carson warns before placing the gel on my stomach. I let out a low breath from the cold gel. He places the machine on my stomach, Daryl and I looking at the screen to see our Baby. I smile as the heartbeat goes. Daryl sniffles beside me I turn to him a tear going down his face. "That's our baby" he whispers quietly. I nod at him smiling and turn back to the screen. "Do you want to know the sex?" Carson questions. I look to Daryl who slightly shakes his head. "No thank you" I reply. "I'll do two ultrasound sonograms for you" he informs. I thank him as he turns and grabs them before handing one to me and one to Daryl. "Thank you Doc" Daryl speaks before leading me out.

________________________________
Hmm what ya think!?! I hope you liked it
Please let me know what you think the sex of the baby should be!
Please vote and comment!
Love you all
Bye Fellow Archers
~Boylie~