Chapter 14

*Lauren's P.O.V*

"Okay everyone stop here for 10 minutes." Rick says after he pulls over. I walk over to Daryl and peck his lips. We then head over to the others. "We got no place to go" T Dog mutters. "When this herd meets up with this one we'll be cut off." Maggie says while looking at the map. "This river could of delayed them. If we move fast, we might have a shit to tear through there" Hershel explains. They all spilt off and have their private conversations.

"Hey, While the others wash their panties, let's go hunt." Daryl says to Rick. He nods in reply. I kiss Daryl's cheek and start to walk away when a rough hand grabs my arm lightly. I turn to Daryl confused. "I need my girl with me when I'm hunting" Daryl winks jokingly. I giggle and we start to walk into the woods.

After about 20 minutes of walking I had caught 3 squirrels where as Daryl caught 1. He was talking to Rick about Lori. He's pissed, she keeps bossing me around saying I don't do anything to help around camp.

"Yeah, I know where your coming from. I will talk to her when we get ba-" he stops. I turn to see him looking somewhere else. I look in the same direction to see a prison. "That's a shame" Daryl says. I shake my head. "No we could do this. We can make it work" I say. Rick looks at me, he nods and we head back to our group.

Rick cuts through the first metal fence and we all climb through. Glenn tied the fence up. We jog across to the other fence and look around. "It's perfect. If we can shut that gate, we can prevent more from coming in. We can pick off these walkers one by one. We'll take the field by the night.

"Glenn you take Maggie, Beth, Lori and Jodie across this fence and take out the ones that are near the fence. Make as much noise as possible." Rick tells him. Glenn goes with the others and get into their position. "Daryl go back to the other tower. Carol, you've become a good shot. Take your time. Don't want the ammo. Go with Daryl. Hershel you take Carl and Cieran up to the other tower." Rick tells them.

I walk up to Tia. "Go by Beth don't leave her side" I tell her. She walks over to Beth. "Rick, I'm going to run for the gate. You know I can do it." He nods. Daryl walks up to me. "Your not going out there!" He tells me. "Daryl you know I can do it. I will be just fine. I promise." He kisses me hard but only a quick one before walking to Carol. I look at Carol and see pure jealousy. I look at her confused.

Rick opens the gate and I sprint out. I head straight for the fence. I see walker hearing for me, but it soon falls to the floor with an arrow in its head. I nod at Daryl. I am a meter away from the gate when, a shooting pain goes through my foot and up my leg. "Sorry" I hear someone shout. I ignore it for now and close the gate. "Light it up" I hear Daryl yell.

I limp towards the group. Everyone's dancing around the field. Smiling. Laughing. I almost forgot what it sounded like. I lay on the floor in pain. I look at my foot see a gun shot. "Fucking asshole!" I scream. Everyone turns to me worried all but one, Carol. She looks away and admires the space we have. "Who fucking shot me" I yell. They all look at Carol. She doesn't take notice. I roll my eyes at her behaviour.

"Come here and I'll take a look at it." Hershel says. Daryl helps me over to him. After a few minutes of pain from, Hershel removing the bullet and stitching it up. "You are going to rest for two days now" Hershel tells me. I sigh but nod. I sit by Cieran. And I didn't do anything at all.

I see Carol stand up and walk over to Daryl who was on watch. I keep my eye on them as he helps her up. They start to talk. I look away once o hear someone next to me snoring, I look to see Tia fast asleep wrapped up in Daryl's poncho. I look back at Daryl and Carol. Daryl is giving Carol a back massage. I turn and look at the others who were singing a song I knew as Parting Glass I know Ed Sheeran released it on his album but if it's his song I don't know. Rick soon walks over to us and so does Daryl and Carol.

Daryl lays beside me and pulls me into him. I sigh in content and cuddle into him. I hear the group start talking about moving into the prison. I soon fall asleep to Daryl playing with my hair.

___________________
Please vote and comment!!!

Bye Fellow Archers
~Boylie~