Chapter 11

*Cieran's P.O.V*
I walk out the house and head towards the group. I sit down on one of the logs with Jodie on my right and Andrea on my left. I kiss Jodie's forehead. I then notice Jodie and Carl are holding hands. I go to say something but I am cut off when Glenn stands up and starts to speak. "um guys..." Glenn looks at the house where Maggie is standing on the porch shaking her head. He then looks at Dale who is nodding his head. Glenn hesitates before talking again. "the barn is full of walkers" my eyes widen in shock. How did he find out? I watch as the group stops eating their food and start to grab guns and head to the barn. I follow them quickly.

Shane goes up to the barn doors and looks in and he soon jumps away as fingers go through the barn door gap, trying to get their next meal. I see Rick and Hershel with the poles that Otis used to get the walkers into the barn. "why do your people have guns?" Hershel asks. Lauren and Daryl walk up holding hands. I over exaggerate a wink at Lauren teasingly, she glares at me jokingly. "what's going on" she asks. she then sees the walkers on the end of the poles.

"Hey Hershel let me ask you something. Could a living breathing person, could they walk away from this?" Shane shouts and shoots the walker that Hershel was holding. "Stop it!" Rick yells. "That's three rounds in the chest. could someone that's alive, could they just take that? Why is it still coming?" He shoots the walker again. "that's its heart, it's lungs. why is it still coming." he shouts. "Shane enough" Rick tells him. "yeah your right rick that is enough" then shoots the walker in the head making it fall to the ground taking Hershel to his knees. "enough looking for a girl who's gone!" Shane snaps. Carol flinches slightly. "Shane stop!" Lauren yells at him while putting her hand on his shoulder. He then shoves her away and she falls to the ground quickly, Daryl helps her up and goes to punch Shane but Lauren stops him. "don't touch me!" he screams. "its time to fight" he taunts. he goes up to the barn and opens it. walkers come out.

I watch as people I once knew walk out. I hold Beth in my arms as she starts to sob. I whisper sweet nothings into her ear trying to calm her. Maggie helps Hershel and Patricia. "They're dead Cieran!" Beth sobs to me. "I know baby, I know." I mumble. She hides her face in my neck. I hold her in my arms and look down, not able to see our friends and family as walkers. I look up when the guns stop shooting. I hear more feet shuffling out. T Dog aims his gun but is soon stopped. "Don't! Don't shoot!" Lauren yells. She walks up to the walker. "James!?!" I look up at the walker to see our old school friend. Lauren and James were very close in school. I knew him a bit but not as much as Lauren did.

She is meters away, when a gunshot goes off, blood splatters on her face. I turn to see Shane with his gun. Lauren falls to her knees and cries. Beth escapes from my arms and rushes to what used to be her mother, Annett.  The walker wasn't dead. her arms wailed in the air reaching for Beth. I sprint over and pull Beth away. I pick her up and walk back to the house. "see how hard was that!" Shane yells at Hershel. I walk towards him. "Back off!" I warn. Shane glares at me and storms past. "I don't hear a thank you. I just saved you lives" I walk over to him and punch him. he stumbles back a bit. "I said back off. Haven't you done enough." I spat at him before walking inside the house.

____________________________________

please vote and comment!!

Bye Fellow Archers

~Boylie~