Chapter 39

(Long chapter❤️)

*Lauren's P.O.V*

"Be careful and make sure you eat and drink" I say to the group as I hand them their guns and ammo. Rick whispers to Michonne. "Oh yes she is most definitely in that stage" Michonne reply's smirking looking at me. "What" I look at them puzzled. They both shrug and I carry on. "You scout around to make sure no one can sneak up at you" I warn. Michonne and Rick both snicker. "Right what hell is it!" I snap but smiling a bit. "

Just saying your at a phase" Michonne tells me. "What phase" I look at Glenn confused who just shrugs. "Phase of a Mother. Your being a mother to everyone. Don't do this! Be careful!" Rick laughs. "Hey it's not my fault and it's not a phase Rick" I state to them. At this point Rick, Miconne, Glenn and Aaron on standing laughing at me. "Shut up! It's not funny" I snap but smiling.

"What ya doing pissing my girl off" I ruff voice sounds. They laughs fade before explain to Daryl about my mother phase on every fucker. "True but I don't need an pissed off hormonal woman" Daryl teases. I flip him the bird. He laughs but lifts his arm around me pulling me into a bear hug. "Ew get off me" I giggle. "Oh that's how your gonna be ey" he taunts then licks my face. I push him away as he chuckles. "Jerk" I joke. "Bitch" he smirks before getting in the car to head to the outpost of Negan's.

————
It's been a day since they left. Just been resting, baking cookies and singing to Tia. Just something to keep my mind off everyone. Tobin said Carols been acting strange and I'm worried about her. We all care for her and we don't want her being down about anything. I'm knocked out of my thoughts at a sound of a motorcycle. I rush to the gate and open it to see Daryl riding it in. He stops it as I walk over. "You got it back" I smirk to him. He nods smiling. "Is everyone okay? Are they safe?" I quiz. He looks over to the gate where everyone else is driving in. Hugging everyone who came out of the car.

Sat on the steps of our house while Daryl is looking his bike over. Carol comes over and sits by us, lighting a cigarette. "You got another" Daryl asks. She hans him one and a lighter. "The people that took it. You saved them. It's who you are" Carol mumbles. "Should've killed them" Daryl states. She stands up sniffling. "Hey, the ones that took you and Maggie. What did they do to you" Daryl asks worried. Carol thinks for a moment looking towards Daryl and I. "To us? They didn't do anything" she mutters walking away from us. I sigh leaning my head on Daryl's shoulder. "I have a bad feeling about this Dare. I think these more to this then we know" I whispered scared. "We will do this Laur. We will beat this world. I gotta go on a run with Rosita" he informs me standing. "Okay be safe I love you" I stand kissing him lightly. His hands lay on my waist as we share our small kiss. He pulls away leaning his forehead on mine. "Love you too see you soon" he walks off.

(There's really not any good things that Lauren can do cause she's pregnant but to rest. This is why I will be skipping to more important bits so I can get on to the next season as I have big plans for this)

Sitting on the bench swing, loving the feeling of the heat on my skin. I run my stomach and feel a kick. I look down at my bump, leaving my hand in that area feeling a small kick after a few moments. Merle walks up the steps. "Hey" I greet smiling. "Laur it's Daryl" he says slowly. "Where is here" I ask. "By the graves" he answers as I rush off. I come through the opening of the trees, seeing Daryl placing a body in the grave, Carol standing further away with a shovel. They look at me as walk towards them. Daryl reaches his hand into his pocket and pulls out that Denise got him. I then realise who's grave it was. Tears fill my eyes. Daryl and Carol grab their shovels filling the grave it's dirt.

Carol leaves soon after saying goodbye and kissing our heads. Daryl sits on the floor head in hands. I sit next to him, he hesitates before laying down and lying his head on my lap staring at the grave. I run my hand through his hair, playing with it. "My fault" he mumbles. I stop playing with his hair. "The man I saved who took my bike. He killed Her. Her killed her by aiming at me" he sniffles. "It's not your fault at all Babe. Please don't blame yourself. Denise wouldn't want you to" I mumble to him. He sits up nodding but still blaming his self. He stands grabbing my hand and taking me home for us to rest.