Chapter 6

Madi's POV

It was 2 hours later when Kaya and Ashley had left, and Chris still hadn't called me back. I sighed and checked my phone. No new messages. No missed calls. I sighed as my stomach started to grumble. Damn, I was hungry. I went downstairs to the kitchen. I opened the fridge to see nothing. "Mel, baby!" I screamed. "Yes dear!" she yelled back. "There's nothing here, I wanna go shopping. Coming?" "Yea, hold on." I jogged up the stairs to grab my purse and Nike sandals. "Damn, I look ratchet as shit!" I said looking at myself in the mirror. Mel giggled, turned the TV off and we made our way downstairs.

We made our way to the garage when I screamed "Leggoo!" "Omg, shuttup. Chris is rubbing off on you too much." Mel said. I rolled my eyes annoyed. "Uh oh. What's wrong? He still aint call you back ?" "Nope" I pouted. She giggled and shook her head, "Awww, sweetheart. Trust me, he'll call you back." "How do you know?" I said grabbing the Range Rover keys. "He likes you. You like him. He'll call." she said nonchalantly while climbing into the car. We exited my garage and sped down the street. We were driving for a good 10 minutes when my phone went off. As Chris's name came up, and Turn Up The Musicbegan to play on the radio. I rolled my eyes as Mel giggled. "You can't escape him. Just answer" she said smiling at me. 

"What?" I said answering the phone with an attitude. "Damn ma, whats with the hostility? You mad cause I didn't call you right back?" I could tell he was smirking. "Pftt. Nigga, aint nobody thinking about you" I said lying through my teeth. Mel instantly busted out laughing. "Mhhmm, why you lying?. Hey Mel!" he screamed through the phone. I pulled it away from my ear as I parked the car. "Do you have to be so rachet Maurice?" I asked. "Don't call nobody ratchet when you out here looking like that" Mel said rolling her eyes. "Get her Mel!" Chris laughed. 

I gave Mel the phone, "Here, you talk to him cause I cant with y'all." I said grabbing a cart. "Noooo!" she whined. "I don't like your boyfriend" she said pouting a little. "He's NOT my boyfriend." "Yet" she whispered while winking. "Madison's mad at me cause I aint call her back. I'm sorry baby!" he yelled a little . I giggled, "Pause with that baby shit bruh. You have a girlfriend, Christopher." "Damn Madi, we using governments now? Alright then, Madison Nicole." we both chuckled. "Let me call you back, I gotta finish grocery shopping with Mel. I'm gonna call YOU later, ok?" I said emphasizing the word. He chuckled, "Sure baby." "Christopher!" I screamed a little. He erupted in laughter, "Im joking! Bye Madi." He hung up the phone and all I could do was smile.

"Baby huh?" Mel smirked. "Melissa, don't start" I laughed. "Y'all would be so cute together though! Y'all have so much in common, you guys are both crazy, and you're both yellow. it's a match made in heaven!" she said seriously. "I guess, he has a gf though. And I'm no home wrecker." "Home? That bitch has no home, she has a card board box. Set it on fire and keep it moving. The you'll know what it feels like to be Ms. Breezy!" she sang. We busted out laughing. Damn I love this girl.