Chapter 40

Chris's POV

Chris's POV

I put my face in my hands and sighed after I hung up on Madi. Don't get me wrong, I love her. But, I can't believe she kept this from me.

What if the person you loved, kept one of the most important secrets from you?

Exactly.

I shook my head as I kicked off my Military Blues and laid back on the bed. Just when I thought I would have a moment of peace my phone rang.

"What!?" I barked into the phone. "Excuse me Christopher, who do you think you're talking to?" My mom's voice rang out. "Shit, my bad ma." "Watch your mouth Christopher." "I'm sorry, mama. I just have a lot going on right now." I said sighing.

"Oh Lord, what's going on now?" She asked. I chuckled and began to tell her about everything that happen. Well, mostly everything. I excluded the part about Madi's pregnancy. That's not something you tell people over the phone.

"I love her ma, but she kept something very important from me. It makes me question if I trust her." I said truthfully. "If she didn't bother to tell me about this, what else has she kept from me?" I heard her sigh on the other end.

"I don't know Chris. I don't know her well enough to give you an answer." She said. "I know nothing about her, I barely know what she looks like." She continued. I totally forgot about that. They were supposed to meet a while back, but something came up. Now they get to meet on these terms, yikes!

"Well I'm sure when you do meet her, you guys will have lots to talk about." I chuckled. "What's so funny?" she asked. "Nothing." I replied still laughing. "Mhm." she mumbled. "Anyways, the real reason why I called was to invite you and your friends to a party one of my friends are having soon." she said. "By your friend, do you mean Terry?" I asked. "Yes." she giggled as I rolled my eyes.

Terry is my mom's "friend." It's hilarious because she keeps their relationship quiet, when everyone already knows what going on. "Alright momma, we'll be there." I said. "Ok, and bring that girl so I can meet her Christopher!" "Ok ma." I laughed. "I love you." she cooed. "I love you too." I said hanging up the phone.

"Finally!" I shouted getting settled on the bed again. "Thank you, Jesus." I sang. My head hit the pillow and I eyes began to get low. A deep sleep was taking over just when my phone rang again.

"Are you fucking serious?" I groaned as I picked up my phone. "Hello?" "Nigga where are you? Get to Miami General now!" Mijo barked. "What happened!?" I said fearing the worst. "I don't know man, something happened to Kaya. Just get here." he mumbled. "Aight, I'm on my way." I said getting up.

I pulled back on my Jordans and quickly grabbed my keys, before making my way out my the hotel room. I got in the elevator and before I knew it I was in the parking garage.

I tried my best to the speed limit to the hospital but it wasn't happening. It took my about 10 minutes to get there and park the car before rushing inside. I hurried to the front desk to ask for information before I heard Mijo's voice.

"Chris! Over here!" he said waving me over. I could see everybody else sitting in the waiting room, nervous. Austin was in the corner trying to comfort a sobbing Ashley. The only people that were missing were Mel and Madi.

"She good? What's going on?" I asked. "They won't tell us anything. Ty is going crazy." he said running his hand over his face. "Where is he?" I said looking around to find him. "They had Mel escort him out. He was getting too loud, scaring everybody." "Damn." I mumbled. That explains where Mel is, but where's Madi?

Just then, she walked in wearing my grey F.A.M.E. hoodie, leggings, and her Cool Greys looking frantic. She looked nervous. She scanned the room before her eyes landed on me and she rushed over. "Is she ok? What happened?" she said as the tears began to cascade down her cheeks. "They won't tell us anything." Mijo repeated. Ashley began to cry harder, setting Madi off.

She took at seat in front of me and began to cry in her hands. I knew Madi hated hospitals. Her mom died in one and they get her anxious. She doesn't need to be here, all its causing is stress on her and that's not good for our child. Our child. Thinking about it made me smile a little. I'm gonna be a dad. Yea, it was a little scary because we're young but I love her and our unborn child.

I couldn't sit here and watch her bawl any longer, so I scooped her up and brought her outside. Her hands covered her face the whole time until I sat her down on the bench outside. She removed her hands and I wiped her tears with my thumb. I studied her face for a bit before hugging her. "Everything is gonna be ok." I whispered. She knew exactly what I meant.

We took a few minutes outside to talk before heading back inside. We took a seat back in the waiting room and not even 5 minuted later, Mel was walking Ty back in. He'd look like he had been crying. "You good man?" I asked him as he took the seat next to me. He nodded a yes before focusing on the ground with a clenched jaw.

30 Minutes Later

"The family of Mikaya Jeffery?" the doctor said looking up from his clipboard. Our heads quickly shot up as we all stood to our feet. Ty pushed pass us all, and stood in the front. "I'm her boyfriend." he said. The doctor shook his hand before looking back at the chart.

"Ok, Kaya is fine. So everybody take a deep breath." he chuckled. "Thank you, God." Ty mumbled. "It seems she just had a severe hypotension. We had to give her some blood but, she'll be fine. We just need you guys to make sure she avoids alcohol for a while, make sure she doesn't stand for a long time, and drinking plenty of fluids." he smiled.

"Can we go see her?" Madi asked. "Sure. 2 at a time, please." he smiled again. "Let me talk to you." the doctor pulling Ty in the opposite direction. We all let out a breath of relief.

~~

An hour later we had all gotten to see Kaya, excluding Ty. She didn't want to see him. He was persistent though. I didn't know what was going on until Madi filled me in. I shook my head, Ty is such a dumbass.

It was late and we all were tired, after Ty had given up on seeing Kaya we all decided it was time to go home.

"Chris, are you coming home with me or..?" Madi trailed off. "Nah." I said scratching the back of my head. "Oh." she mumbled. Even though I told her everything would be fine, I was still mad about her not telling me. "I'm going back to the hotel room." I mumbled. "I'm having Camille schedule my doctors appointment for Monday." she mumbled. "Ok." I mumbled. "Text me the address when its set." I said walking off.

I looked back at her to see her pouting. "Just when I thought we were getting somewhere." I heard her mumbled before walking away.