Chapter 50 (Final Chapter)

Anxiety

Anxiety. The only word that could describe this moment. A series of "what if" questions rolled around in my head, only making it worst. I just my baby boy to be alright.

As another contraction hit, I sunk my nails into Chris's arm for the millionth time for the night. "Ow, ow, ow!" I whined. I was in so much pain and I was barely 3 inches dilated. It felt like period cramps times 100. How the fuck did Octomom do it? "Shit!" Chris tried to mumble as I broke his skin. "Sorry." I mumbled before letting his arm go. "Let's get that cleaned up." the nurse said pulling him out of the room to get him a band aid.

As the pain subsided a little, I pulled myself up in the bed. Everyone around the room looked at me sympathetically. I looked over at the girls and forced a little smile on my face. "You good, big momma?" Kaya asked. "No." I giggled lightly. "It feels like I'm about to shit out a ham." I said making the whole room erupt in laughter. Well except Ty and Robb. "These niggas" I thought before rolling my eyes.

Can you believe they actually tried to fight each other again?! Immaturity at it's finest. "We're gonna get something to eat. Anybody wanna come?" My dad said getting up from his seat to help Tasha up. Everybody answered yes before getting up and exiting the room. "You girls want something?" Tasha asked Momma J and I. "No, thanks." She replied after I shook my head. "Alright, be right back." My dad said.

I gasped as I felt another contraction come on. I gripped the railing of the bed before whining. I felt Momma J take my hand rub my shoulder. The contraction got my painful and I squeezed her hand a little too tight. She yelped and I dropped her hand. "I'm sorry." I said. She giggled. "It's ok, sweetheart."

We heard Chris's obnoxious laughter before the door opened. "Alright, bye." He said before putting his phone back in his pocket. "Who was that?" Momma J asked. "Just... An old friend." He said sratching the back of his neck. The only time he did that was when he was nervous or lying.

I looked over at him and he looked away. What was he hiding?

2 Hours Later

Many contractions later, my doctor finally came to see me. "How are we doing, Ms.Smith?" He smiled. This man was sex on legs! Tall, dark, handsome, and tatted. "Great, now that you're here." I flirted playfully. By this time, the only people I wanted in the room was Chris, Mama J, Mel, Ashley, and Kaya. We all laughed, I've been messing with him since we got here.

He chuckled and slipped his gloves on. "Lets see if he's ready to come out." He said before propping my legs up in the stirrups When he was done, he pulled his gloves off and threw them away.

"Seems like the little one is almost ready, your 9 centimeters. How far along are your contractions?" He asked. "2 minutes." "He should be coming soon then. I'm gonna have the nurse stay with you, I'll be right back." He said focusing on the chart in his hands. "Ok." I smiled. He sent a small smirk my way before walking out.

My nurse, Giselle, was a total sweetheart. She was the only one who would let me hold her hand during my contractions. I'd already hurt everybody else. "He's almost here, Madi. Are you excited?" She smiled. "Yes, I can't wait. I'm nervous though." I admitted. "You'll be fine." She smiled.