Chapter 37

Madi's POV

Madi's POV

I ended my call with Kaya and I threw my phone across the room. Where the hell is he?!

I curled my body into a ball and reclined my head on the pillow and continued to cry. I just don't understand.

One minute he doesn't want to have kids right now, then next he's flipping out on me when I decide to get an abortion. What did he want me to do?

I continued to cry until I heard my phone ring. I sprang up hoping it would be Chris. "Hello?!" I said frantically into the phone. "Madison?" my dad's voice boomed through the phone. "Madison, why are you crying?" He said. The tears started to come down hard as I could feel myself about to collapse.

My breathing became rapid and shallow. "Madison, breath!" He screamed. I couldn't. "Babygirl, purse your lips and breath slowly." He said trying to remain calm. My rapid breaths slowly began to climb down.

"Are you ok now?" He asked. "Yea, a little." I said still trying to calm my breathing. I wiped my tears with my shaking hands. "Are you at home?" He asked. "Y- yea." I stammered. "Ok, I'll be over in 5 minutes, ok?" "Ok." I said feeling my eyes getting glossy. "Alright, I love you." "I love you too."

Can this day get any better? From Julian showing up to my office and Chris finding out about me being pregnant, now I have to tell my dad everything. I looked down at my shaking hands. I took a deep breath and laid back on the bed.

I suddenly felt dizzy and I could something rushing up my throat. I bolted to the bathroom and opened the toilet seat. I grabbed my hair and continued to throw up before I felt a hand on my back.

When I was finished he helped me to my feet and flushed the toilet. "Alright, tell me what's going on." He said looking at me suspiciously. I walked away from him and stopped in front of the sink. I grabbed my toothbrush and the toothpaste. I smeared a sizable amount on the brush and began to brush my teeth.

"Madison! Why were you crying so hard on the phone? Tell me what happened!" He yelled at me scaring me. I spat into the sink before washing my mouth out and placing my toothbrush back on the counter.

"Daddy..I'm- I'm." I stammered. "Spit it out Madison." He said calmly. "I'm pregnant." I said before biting my bottom lip. I watched as he clenched his jaw and shake his head. He walked out the bathroom and out of my room, heading downstairs.

"Oh, so you're gonna walk out on me too?" I said making my voice crack. "I didn't know it was a fucking crime to get pregnant!" I yelled letting my tears flow. "Watch your mouth, Nicole." He said pointing at me. "Whatever." I chuckled deviously.

He wipes his hand over his face before sighing. "Drop the attitude and lets talk." He said talking off his jacket. I stood on the steps watching as he took a seat on the couch. "Come sit over here and talk to me, Madison." He said calmly. A little too calmly.

My dad was like ticking time bomb. He would only stay calm for a short amount of time when he's aggravated. I knew he was pissed and I wasn't in the mood for him spazzing out on me.

I sighed and walked over to the couch taking a seat beside him.

"So, how far along are you?" He asked. "I don't know for sure. But probably a month or less." I answered. "Is Chris happy about it?" I sniffed and shook my head, 'No.' He sighed and pulled me into a hug. I didn't want to cry, but him hugging me wasn't helping.

He let me cry for a good 5 minutes before pushing me up. "Listen, even if he doesn't want to be apart of this baby's life, you know you'll always have me and your friends. Ok?" He said smiling at me. I nodded. "I'm so sorry if I made you ashamed of me. I know I'm young-" I said quickly. He cut me off. "I'm not ashamed of you. I never will be. I'll finally have a grandchild, even though I never thought it would be this early." He said laughing, which made me laugh. "I love you." I mumbled. "I love you too." He said kissing my forehead.

"I know this is a cute moment or whatever but I have to go." He said sadly. "Ok." I pouted. "I'll come by to check on you in a few days. In the mean time, schedule a doctors appointment." He said getting up. "Alright, grandpa Smith." I smiled. He kissed his teeth making me laugh. "Don't worry about anything, I got you." He said before walking out. Well, that went smoother than I thought.

I sighed and made my way back upstairs. I could hear my phone ringing as soon as I stepped in my bedroom.

"Hello?" I said. "How long?" I heard him say above a whisper. "How long what, Chris?" I questioned. "How long have you known you were pregnant?" He said. I sighed. "Almost two weeks?" I said biting my bottom lip.

I could hear him sigh and I knew he was running his hand over his face. "Why didn't you tell me?" "Chris are you being serious right now!? You were the one that told me that we weren't ready for kids right now! I was just trying to handle the situation!" I yelled. " By killing my fucking child?!" He yelled back. "Don't scream at me Chris!" I said as the tears started again. "Like you said, we aren't ready to be parents. What was I supposed to do?" I cried. "Tell me! We're supposed to be in this thing together. You're not supposed to be keeping things from me! Especially when it's something big like this!" He screamed.

"I'm sorry! I'm so sorry." I said wiping my tears. "Are you keeping it?" He mumbled. "Yea." I whispered back. I heard him let out a relieved breath. "Ok."

"Chris, where are you?" I asked. "I'm fine. Don't worry about it."Really Chris? You're gonna be petty about this?" "Hell yeah, you kept this from me." He said with an attitude. "Whatever. Are you ok at least?" "I just said I'm fine Madison." He snapped.

"Why are you being so mean to me?" I pouted. "Look, I got to go. Call me when you set up a doctors appointment." He said. I could hear shuffling in the background. Where is he? "Ok, I love you" I mumbled. "Bye." He said hanging up in my ear.

Just then, I could here someone beating down my door. I walked down the staircase to hear the knocking get even louder. I looked into the peep hole to see Kaya gripping her purse and crying.

I quickly opened the door and pulled her in. "Oh my God, Kaya. What happened?" I asked. "Ty's cheating on me." She said between sobs.