Chapter 44

Madi's POV

Madi's POV

"Madison! Lets go!" Mel called from downstairs. "Coming!" I yelled back buckling my . I carefully walked down the stairs to meet everyone with scowls on their faces. Mama J was too busy with her phone to even notice me.

"Damn, took you long enough." Ashley said. "Sorry." I giggled walking into the kitchen to grab a bottle of water. I put my vitamins in my mouth and swallowed before drinking some water. I grabbed an apple and stuffed the rest of the water in bag. "Ready?" I asked everyone before grabbing Chris's Escalade keys. "We've been ready." Mel said rolling her eyes and grabbing her bag.

We all filed out the house and into the truck with Mama J in the passenger seat next to me. I started the car and put in the address for the salon into the GPS, before pulling out the driveway.

The whole ride was pretty quiet other than the radio and Mama J on her brief phone call with her "friend" about the party tonight. I pulled in the nearest parking space before we all filed out the car. There were free seats in the salon, I decided to do my feet first. I sat the the massage chair as the lady ran the water and I put my feet in. I grabbed a magazine and began to flip through it as Mama J took the unoccupied chair next to me.

I smiled nervously at her before flipping more pages. I could feel her staring at my ring intently. "You ring is beautiful." she smiled. "Thank you." I replied. "Chris gave it to you?" I could see it on her face that she was hoping I would say no. "Um, no. It was my mom's engagement ring. My dad gave it to me for my sixteenth birthday." I said looking down at it.

"Oh." she murmured. "Has Chris met her yet?" I chuckled. "No, she died when I was 2." I said sadly. "I'm sorry." she said. "Its ok." I said. This is the most she'd been nice to me since I got here. I was surprised.

"I.." She started. "Never mind." She sighed as she picked up the magazine next to me. My phone kept vibrating in my purse, indicating a call. His name flashed on the screen making me smile. "Hey love muffin." I giggled into the phone. "You're so gay!" He laughed. "You would know. How are you? I haven't talked to you forever." I said flipping through the book. "I've been busy." I could hear another male's voice in the background. "Ew! Anthony!" I whined. I heard him laugh out loud. "Whatever, I don't even know why I'm talking to your bright ass. You in L.A. & you can't even give me a damn phone call, Madison. I thought we were better than this." I could picture him shaking his head. "I'm sorry, I've just been busy." "Busy, riding Chris's-" "Don't even finish that sentence." I mumbled cutting him off.

I was one the phone with him while the lady did my feet. "Anyways, the real reason I called was to ask you a serious question." "What?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows. I grabbed my water bottle from my bag and took a swig. "Am I gonna be an uncle?"he asked making me cough. "Huh?" I pretended to be clueless. "There's a picture of you online with Chris's sister from the other day. You look like you got a little pouch." He said. "What?" I laughed nervously. "Ant, you know I'm fat." I said making Mama J smirk and shake her head. "Yea, and I like vagina." "Shut up." I said rolling my eyes. "Are you or are you not?" He asked. "I'm not." I lied. "Alright, I'll take your word for it. I'm gonna talk to you later though. I got some business to handle." He chuckled. "Again, ew!" I scoffed. "Whatever, love you skinny girl." He joked. "Love you too, straight boy." I said hanging up.