Chapter 28

Ashley's POV

Ashley's POV

I can't believe Madi just did that. After all this time of them liking each other and then getting together after a what seem like a century she's goes and pulls this shit. She sped down the busy street switching lanes. We finally pulled up to a stoplight and she sighed. "Two wrongs don't make a right." I said looking out the window. She looked over at me and pressed her lips together. She stayed silent until we got to the resturant.

I knew Chris would be freaking out so I sent him a quick text.

Me: Don't worry. I'll keep an eye on her for you.

Chris: You're with her?

Me: Yea. Just relax, I knw she wont do anything stupid.

Chris: Thanks Ash. Btw, who is it?

Me: Julian...

Chris: As in the Rangers?

Me: Yep.

Chris: Good lookin out.

She parked the car and we hopped out. We walked up to the host and she escorted us to our table. Langston, Day Day, and the girl from the salon were already seated. "Hey everyone." Madi said waving. She went around the table hugging everyone. When she got to Julian he whispered something in her ear, making her giggle. "Ahem." I said pretending to clear my throat. "Um, guys. This is Ashley, one of my best friends." "Hi." I said taking my seat across from Langston. He licked his lips at me and smiled. "Langston." he said extending his hand. "Nice to meet you." I said shaking his hand. "This is Day Day, Julian and Camille." Madi said. "Nice to meet y'all" I said smiling. I could see Julian eyeing Madi's every move. "This is gonna be a long night." I mumbled.

Chris and I kept texting back and forth. He wanted to know what was going on and was definitely going to tell him. What? I want him to be my brother in law. Julian seemed nice for the most part, but something about him made me nervous. I don't think I could trust him. 

Madi's POV

Madi's POV

What Ashley said to me in the car kept replaying in my mind. "Two wrongs don't make a right." She was completely right, but I wasn't about to let her know that.

I was quickly snapped out of my thoughts when Julian touched my thigh. "You ok?" he asked. "Yea." I said lying through my teeth.

The boys paid the bill and we exited the restaurant. We all said our goodbyes and parted. "Madi!" I turned around to see Langston waving me down. "Wassup?" I said. "I was wondering if you could hook me up with Ashley." he said rubbing his chin. "Do I look like eharmony?" I said smiling and furrowing my eyebrows. He kissed his teeth and laughed. "C'mon Madison." "She has a boyfriend Langston." He looked at me with squinted eyes and pressed lips. "I'm not lying. He's Chris's cousin and they're happy." I said walking away. "How 'bout Camille?" he shouted. "You just take anything you can get, huh?" I said laughing. "Text me tomorrow, we'll talk." "You're the shit!" he yelled walking to his car.

"Take me home pwease?" Ash pouted. "Why? Your stuff is still at my house." "I know but Austin is flying in tonight and that shit is a mess." "Ok." I said turning. When I got to her house, she got her stuff and kissed my cheek. "Be careful around Julian, I don't trust him." she said shutting the door. Before I could say anything, she jogged up her drive way and unlocked her door. I blew my horn and sped away.

I turned the corner and proceeded down the street to my house. I saw Chris's Escalade still parked outside. He had the trunk open and he was sitting with both of his hands on his face. I turned in and the lights caused him to look up. I opened the garage door and pulled in. I turned off the car and grabbed my purse. I heard him slam the trunk shut as I climbed out the car. "Can we talk, for real this time?" he said walking in the garage. "Yea." I said shutting my door. I pressed the button to close the garage door and I walked into the house with him behind me. "I'll be right back. Make yourself comfy, you know where everything is."

I headed up the stairs to change into something more comfortable. I slipped into Hello Kitty pajamas and some socks. When I was done I went back downstairs to find him sitting on the couch. I sat beside him and crossed my legs Indian style. I smiled awkwardly and began to fidget. He looked hella nervous. "You ok?" I asked him. He shook his head 'no' slowly. "What's wrong?" "I have two things to tell you." "Ok.." I trailed off. "First, I kissed Kae." he said quietly. I chuckled deviously and pressed my lips together. "Didn't see that one coming." I mumbled sarcastically. "I swear on everything it went no further than that. We kissed and the only thing I could think about was you. How bad I would hurt you if we went any further. So I left." "So why couldn't you tell me that on the phone Christopher?" I said calmly. "I was afraid you wouldn't believe me." "So what makes you think I believe you now?" "That's the second thing." he mumbled.

He stood up in front of me and sighed. "I love you Madison Nicole. I've loved you since the day we started calling each other best friends. I wouldn't dare hurt the woman I love. We've worked too hard to get in this relationship and I'm not about to fuck it up over some irrelevant bitch. Look at me." he said. I couldn't. He grabbed my chin and made me face him. Silent tears were streaming down my face because I knew he was being sincere. "I love you and I swear nothing else happened."

He wiped my tears and hugged me. "I love you too." I whispered.