Chapter 26

I shook my head before chuckling deviously at the screen

I shook my head before chuckling deviously at the screen. I signed out and threw the iPad on the opposite side of the bed. I picked up my phone and went downstairs. It was approaching 3:30 am and I was furious.

"Breath. Calm down." I thought to myself. I took slow deep breathes and walked into the kitchen. I grabbed a can of Pepsi and a bag of Chips Ahoy cookies, and plopped down on the couch. I turned on the TV and immediately thoughts of what I would do to them both flooded my mind.

One side of me was ready to get on the next flights to Australia and beat both of their asses. But the other side of me was ready to give up on this whole relationship. I sighed before drinking the last of my Pepsi and slipping a cookie in my mouth. Before I knew it, I was falling asleep.

__________________________________

I woke up to my phone ringing loud as hell. "Hello?" "Do you know what time it is? We have a meeting in an hour, where are you!?" Camille screamed. "Shit!" I said jumping up. "I'll be there in 30." I said hanging up. I bolted upstairs to shower, brush my teeth, and get . "20 minutes? New record." I said looking at the clock. I picked up my keys, quickly started the car and pulled out.

I made it there just in time. Thank God for Camille. She organized everything and made sure our clients were happy. "Thank you so much!" I said hugging her. "No problem." she smiled. "I'm hungry as shit." I mumbled searching through my purse. "Are you hungry? I'll buy lunch." I said smiling. "Hell yea! Lets go." she said grabbing her things. We giggled and made our way to my car.

We decided to just eat at a Café down the street. We sat down outside and examined the menu. "So, I couldn't help but notice you and Julian flirting at the party last night." she said looking over her menu. I rolled my eyes and stuck my tongue at her. "I was not flirting! Just being nice." I said smirking. "Mhhmm, whatever" she mumbled before calling the waiter over.

We finished eating and paid the bill. We were headed back to my office when Camille turned up the radio. "I know y'all heard about this! Chris Brown and his girlfriend are no more! The couple split this weekend. But don't get too excited ladies, he's back with his ex Kae Tran! Didn't see that coming." I laughed and turned it back down. Camille looked over at me and pouted. "Is that true?" "Don't believe everything you hear." I said parking the car.

We hopped out and made our way back inside. I settled at my desk and signed on to my computer. My phone buzzed signaling a text.

Julian: Hey Curves! I got a proposition for you..

Me: Hey shug! Shoooot! :)

Julian: Since I know you're a stylist, can you style me and my boys for our video PLEASE ?

Me: I would love to! Come by my office today, and I'll show you guys some ideas.

Julian: Thanks, beautiful. See you in a bit :)

I smiled and went to back to my computer. I sent out a couple emails and responded to others as my phone went off again. I quickly picked it without looking at the ID. "Hello?" "Hey babe." he said. I kissed my teeth and ended the call. I put my phone back on the desk and returned to what I was doing. Again, it began to ring. "What!?" I said answering. "Damn, what's up with the hostility?" he said. "Christopher, do you think I'm stupid?" "Oh damn, you called me Christopher. What did I do?" he asked laughing. I chuckled and sat back in my chair. "Wow! You really think I'm stupid, huh? You really think that just because you're half way around the world, I wouldn't see those pictures?" He sighed and started to shuffle around. "Baby listen, it's really not what it looked like." he said. "Then tell me what it was Chris! Tell me!" I shouted. I waited patiently but he stayed quiet. "And thank you so much for embarrassing me on my birthday." I said chuckling. I rubbed my hand over my forehead before speaking again. "I asked you to do one thing. All I asked you was to stay away from her. But you like a challenge, so you got it." I said hanging up.

I put my head down on the desk as someone started knocking at my door. "Come in." I said. walked in and smiled shyly. "Hey." I mumbled standing up. He reached for a hug and I embraced him. "I heard you on the phone and didn't want to interrupt." he mumbled. "Oh shit, you heard that? Sorry." I said. "Nah beautiful, you good." "Where are the boys?" I asked. "Damn, you don't wanna see me? They're in there with Camille. I wanted to see you first." she said smiling. "Whatever you say, Julian." I said letting him go.

He held my hand and stared into my eyes. He kissed near the start of my lips and hugged me again. "You smell so good." he mumbled in my neck. I giggled and hugged him again. The door opened to a smirking Camille and Langston and Day Day snickering. "Hey guys." I said awkwardly.