Chapter 22

Chris's POV

Chris's POV

She ran her fingers through her hair and crossed her legs Indian style. "Ok, run that by me one more time." she said sitting up. "I wont be able-" before I could finish she cut me off. "I know all that. You wont be here for my birthday. But what exactly did you say after that?" she asked. "I'm going to Australia for Supafest and Kae is coming too." She chuckled deviously before rubbing her hand over her face. "I can't do this right now." she said ending the call. I sighed fixing my hat. I picked up my phone, scrolled through my contact list before clicking her name. I was instantly sent to voicemail. I sent her a quick text.

Me: I'm not gonna stop bothering you if you don't pick up...

Madi: Leave me aloneeee! -_______-

Me: Just get back on Sype and let me explain.. Please?

I sat there for a good 5 minutes with no response. Suddenly, there was a request, I accepted it and saw her face. She had pinned up her hair into a bun and her face read irritation.

"Madikins" I said flashing my smile. She just sat there and blinked. "Don't call me that." she said simply. "Babe, you really can't be mad at me right now." "I'm not mad! Just frustrated. This day hasn't been easy, and now this bullshit?" She kissed her teeth and scratched her head. "Why is this bothering you so much?" I asked. "You're going to Australia, with KAE. Your ex girlfriend or whatever she was. And you expect me to be calm?" she asked furrowing her brows. "She's just my stylist. Its just business. You trust me right?" "Duhh big head. I just don't trust her. I know she doesnt like me already, but no fucks are given." she said picking her nails. "Dumbass bitch." she mumbled to herself. "I'm still here." I said chuckling. "Yo, go to Australia and fuck with her Chris, I dare you!" she said pointing at the screen. I put my hand over my heart pretending to be hurt. "I thought you said you trust me?" "I do. But when you go on stage and you get to grindin' its over! Do you get like a huge ass boner when you get off stage because you are a freak!" she giggled. "You would know, huh?" I said winking.

We were talking for a good two hours about random shit. Music, fashion, and our schedules mostly. That's one thing I like about her. We can have conversations about anything, and we still have a good time. "So if I don't get to see you for my birthday, when will I see you?" "2 weeks after, mostly likely." "Most likely?" she asked chuckling. "Damn. I was looking forward to spending my birthday weekend with at least one of my bestfriends on my birthday. Blah. Whatever." she yawned. "Wont the girls be out there?" "Nope. Ashley has to be in Cali for meetings about her new line. Mel has a show in Georgia. And Kaya is going to New York to do Wiz's tattoo." "What about your dad?" She rolled her eyes before speaking. "Well we were gonna spend the day together. But something came up. So he's going back Illinois for a couple days and then he's coming back with 'his girlfriend' so I can meet her." "So, who are you spending your birthday with?" "My clients. I'm not doing anything so I'm working." I felt bad. She made my birthday memorable. She even canceled on her clients for me, and all she's spending her birthday alone. "Madi I-" she shook her head and smiled. "Chris, it's fine. I don't mind. Really." "Nah babe, that's not way to spend your birthday." "Its fineeeee." she whined. "Look I'm going to sleep and I'll sleeping in. Don't call me until I call you. Ok?" "Alright." I said chuckling. "Bye Christopher." "Bye Madison." she waved before ending the call.