nine

read the authors note
-

justin

"shut the fuck up!" khalil groaned. hailey was complaining she didn't want to get on the big roller coaster, and i'm not gonna lie, it was fucking annoying. "i hate roller coasters too but you don't see me crying like a little pussy, dear lord jesus!"

"khalil!" maia hit his arm.

he started typing on his phone as we were walking to the roller coaster. "are you two pussies staying behind?" maia questions, as we arrive at the biggest roller coaster.

"don't leave me with he- oh never mind bye." khalil grinned at his phone. maia rolled her eyes and linked arms with me as we walked to the line.

"even though this is our first time meeting, khalil has told me everything. like from how you and audrey met until your second breakup." maia speaks. "not that it's any of my business, but do you think being with hailey is the right choice?"

"why does it matter?"

"i'm a nosy bitch okay, and i refuse to keep my mouth shut if its benefiting your relationship." maia turns to me fully. "khalil and audrey talk a lot, and they were on facetime this one day and she said she refuses to date calum because of you."

"so, are you implying i shouldn't date hailey?" i chuckle. "because im not. she's just a friend. i know she still likes me but i don't feel the same way."

"oh thank god, there's still hope." maia grins, moving up in the line.

"hope for what?"

"jaudrey."

the whole time in line i stayed silent. even though our breakup wasn't like the last one, i don't think we'll get back together. if audrey wanted to date calum, she could. i wasn't holding her back.

justin: if you want to date calum, no ones stopping you.

i took a deep breath, and stuffed my phone in my pocket. as soon as i hit send i regretted it. she might take that the wrong way, and deep down i don't even want her dating him but who am i to tell her who and who not to see? we're not even together anymore.

"justin, why are you crying?" maia questioned, her arms wrapping around my neck. this is the second time i've cried since we've broken, and it felt good to let it out but we're in a public place. "come on, we can get on the ride later."

maia grabs my hand to lead me back to where khalil and hailey were sitting. "why is he crying? what happened?"

"i think you know why he's crying." maia sassed hailey, but as of now i didn't care. khalil wrapped his arm around me, and sighed.

"do you wanna leave or-"

"we can stay." i let out a shaky breath. "i just need to get something from the car."

"you want me to come with you?" hailey asks, as i stood up. i shook my head.

when i got to the car, i got in, and sat there. there's nothing in my car, i just wanted an excuse to be alone for a minute. when i pulled my phone out i saw audrey had replied.

audrey: my feelings are stopping me justin. i know i can date him if i want to, but i just can't

i didn't know if i should reply so i didn't. but her answer made me smile, at least i don't have to see 'caudrey' on social media.

audrey: that means she won't date calum because she still has hope for the two of you - avery

---------

if i don't update any of my books for a while it's because i have a chance of not passing math and retaking it next year and i don't want that. and + the state tests are close. the rest of this school year is gonna be hectic 😒