thirty seven

justin

she has just given the cup to the doctor, leaving me, her, and mom to sit in the room alone. i heard audrey's unsteady breathing since she couldn't breathe through her stuffy nose. mom was tapping her foot which was making everything ten times more anticipating.

"i hope it's a girl." mom randomly says. "all of the 'men' in my life are either children or annoying."

audrey starts laughing, "same here."

"nice." i roll my eyes. "love you too."

audrey kisses my cheek.she's feeling better than before but she was still really sick. it was killing me that i couldn't kiss her but i had to wait it out. even if it was a small kiss, i could still get sick.

minutes after sitting there, the doctor returned and straight out said, "you're not pregnant but you have the flu and stomach virus. i could just tell by the way you explained your sickness."

i excepted to be relieved but i wasn't. my hopes were high that she was pregnant and it made me sad that she wasn't. "do i have to treat it or do i just let it pass?" audrey questioned about her sickness.

"ibuprofen if you get a headache or something but make sure to eat and stay hydrated." he points out. "any questions?"

"no." she shakes her head. "you?"

i shake my head and so does mom. after a few more words exchanged, we were headed out. i texted ryan and regret it immediately, knowing he'd probably laugh at me.

justin: she's not pregnant 😒

ryan: ok that means your pull out game is a1

justin: you don't understand

justin: when he told us she wasn't, i got sad ... i want a baby ryan

ryan: god you're stupid

ryan: stick your meat in her taco and put the sour cream inside you dumb motherfucker

justin: last time i come to you for sympathy fucking rat

i couldn't help but laugh at his directions on how to get audrey pregnant. audrey gets in the backseat, mom driving and me in the passenger.

ryan: dude just impregnate her

ryan: or propose first wtf get it together

justin: stfu

rolling my eyes, i lock my phone. i'm going to talk to audrey about actually starting a family. i don't just want to get her pregnant and her not be ready to have the child.

+

in the middle of the night, audrey's phone kept blaring the stupid iphone ringtone and i told her to answer it. it was a number that wasn't saved so she was cautious but answered it still. i just sat there, in the dark, may i add. stupid khalil, i want my fucking lamp back.

audrey said hello then the voice started rambling. her hand raised to her mouth, then all of a sudden she bursted into tears. "oh my god..." she whispers. "i'll fly over as soon as possible, text me your address."

"baby, what happened?" i ask. i rush and turn on the light, and she's up looking for her pants. "audrey, what the hell happened?"

"my mom just called, m-my brother. he got into a car accident and he's barely holding on, justin." she grabs onto my shirt and cries into my chest. my heart started beating faster, tears finding their way to my cheeks. i don't like seeing her cry, especially like this.

"where does she live?" i ask. "we can fly out right now, i'll pay my pilot extra."

"she's moved to philadelphia." audrey mumbles. "c-can you call your pilot?"

"yeah." i sniffle, wiping my face. "get your stuff, i'm going to tell my mom we're leaving."

--------

im trying to put everyone's ideas into the story so bare with me