Too Close

I haven't seen Faith in a few days. We still talk and text on the phone and stuff, but neither of us have mentioned what happened. I'm trying to forget about it and to was pretty that she wants to do the same. She's coming over after school today and even though I'm excited about getting to spend time with her again I'm kinda nervous about it.

I'm in the studio and I've barley been able to keep my mind on anything. After recording one of my songs, Quincy pulls me to one side. "what's going on? You been messing up all day" He ask concerned "I'm just a little tired" I lie and he looks at me skeptically. "Mike, I know you remember? Something's clearly bothering you"

"it's nothing" I lie once again and he sighs. "just tell me. You know you can trust me"

"I know that" I mumble. "so tell me what's going on" he shrugs. I don't say anything for a moment then take a deep breath. "I kinda did something the other day... With Faith" I mumble that last part and he quickly takes my arm leading us into the dressing room closing the door behind us. "Mike, please you didn't sleep with her" he sighs coming over to me. "no. I swear. We didn't have sex"

"so what... Happen!?" He frowns.

"are you put of you fucking mind!!!?" He snaps in a hushed tone so nobody hears us. "it's not like I planned it! It just happened. We came in here and I wanted to talk to her about what happened at lunch and one thing led to another and..."

"at lunch?" He frowns confused and I tell him about what happened under the table. "I warned you about her! Time and time again! Do you have any idea what's gonna happen once this gets out!?"

"she's not gonna say anything. She even said after to happend, we shouldn't have done that and.."

"of course she was gonna say that! Isn't it obvious? She planned the whole thing. I knew that sneaky little bitch was up to something" he sighs. "do ypu have any idea what's gonna happen when once this gets out"

"it won't. Nobody saw us" I shrug. "Mike, you fingered the underage daughter of a reporter and let her jerk you off! Do you honestly think her mothers not gonna take this to the papers? She has the perfect story on you! And I bet it was her mother that put her up to it"

"she's 17 on Saturday. It's not like she's some little girl that didn't know what was going on and her mom wouldn't have put her up to it and I didn't finger her and she didn't jerk me off. It's was over our clothes I point out "that doesn't make it any better and she's still underage! And how can you be so sure"

"I just know. Trust me Julie wouldn't have put Faith up to that. Especially with me"

"how can you be so sure?" He shrugs "I just do. Look I know it shouldn't have happened but it did and to won't happen again. and when she comes over I'll..."

"you can't seriously tell me you invited her to your place again!" He frowns. "it's not like that! nothing's gonna happen. We're just gonna hang out"

"have to cut her off! And now!"

"I can't do that" I shake my head. "why not?" He looks at me confused. "I just can't. Trust me"

**********

Faith's POV

I get to Michael's and at first I was nervous and wondered whether or not I should go, especially after what happened, but when I got there those nerves quickly went away when he opened the door. We're sitting in the kitchen, eating lunch and I get a call from Alex.

"hey baby. I'm just with my parents right now. I'll have to call you later" I say quickly and hang up. "you can take your boyfriends calls. I don't mind" Michael smiles at me through pursed lips. "my mom always says it's rude to talk on the phone while your at the table" I shrug and there's and awkard silence between us. "I'm sorry about the other day" I mumble breaking the silence. "it's my fault. I shouldn't have allowed it to happen" he shrugs. "you havn't told anybody have?" I mutter nervously "because if Alex found I cheated he..."

"I havn't told anybody" he cuts me off "I'd probably be in a lot of trouble if I had" he chuckles slightly under his breath. "Soo, we can forget about it?" I ask and he smile and nods. "we'll just pretend like it never happened" he shrugs then get up from his seat taking my hands. "c'mon let's go in the arcade room"

**

Michael and I spent the rest of the evening in his arcade room and neither of us mentioned anymore about what happened. "I'm gonna have to go, it's getting pretty late" I sigh and he nods "I'll guess be seeing you Sunday. Hope you have a good birthday tomorrow" he smiles as he's walking me to the door. "I'll see you Sunday" I smiles back and we pull each other in for a hug then break away.

as I'm about to turn to open the front door, but without thinking Michael and I pull each other close and our lips crash together as we share a rushed yet passionate kiss. The kiss lasted barely a minute before we both pulled away. Before either of us has a chance to speak my both starts ringing and I see it's Alex. "I um.. I have to" I mutter guilty and he nods not saying anything as I quickly leave.

**

Michael's POV

Once the door is close, I slam my hand on the wall in fury with myself. How could be so fucking stupid!? Everything was going great and we'd both agreed to forget what happened and then I went and fucked it all up again! I shouldn't have these kinds of feelings for her. I wanted to get to know her and be close to her, but never like this, this is just too messed up and I need to do something before this gets out of hand.

********

Julie's POV

it's been two weeks since I put Faith to work undercover on Michael for me and i'm staring to get worried that if this goes on any longer then she'll begin to form a bond with him and the two of them will actually become close friends for real. I always knew it would be risky putting Faith to work on him, but if anyone could get any information on Michael and his family then it would be her, but it's been two weeks and she's still come up with nothing and now I'm going to have to finish the before it goes on any longer.

it's 10:30pm and Faith finally comes home. "where have you been until this time?" I ask causally "since when did you start caring what time I got home?" I chuckles slightly "I'm just asking"

"I was with Beth... Happy?" She shrugs with her usual attitude. "I wanted to talk to you about the Michael job. I'm gonna have to drop you from it"

"what? Why?" She frowns confused. "because it's been two weeks and you still havn't given me anything. Clearly your not the right person for the job" I lie. "these things take time. He's hardly gonna tell me his life story in two weeks"

"but you havn't given me anything. So I'm dropping you from the job"

"but..."

"but nothing" I cut her off "unless you have a good story for me about Michael or any of his family then there's no point on us discussing this"