Blame

Faith's POV

I stop at the store to pick up some food and stuff before making the long drive and the whole time I'm walking around the isles I feel people watching me, but when I turn they look away and it's really starting to freak me out, especially when I go to the cash register to pay and I see a group of people glance over from the other side of the store then look away and continue their conversation in a hushed tone.

"Is there anything else ma'am?" The clerk smiles and I open my mouth to speak but then I see one of the men from the group of people making his way towards me and quickly rush out the store before he gets any closer.

I've been really jumpy ever since my mom told me about people coming after me again and not knowing who they are or what they look like is freaking me out even more, because it could be literally anybody.

It's getting really late and I still have a long drive, but I'm starting to get really tierd and decide to check into a hotel for the night.

*
After checking in I get in the elevator and there's a couple that follows me in. The doors close and neither of them says anything, but I notice them keep glancing at me from the corner of my eye and then looking back at each other. I don't say anything and when the elevator stops I quickly rush out and go straight to my room.

As soon as I lock the door I take off my shoes and drop straight on the bed to tired to bother changing into my PJs.

I'm just about to fall asleep and I hear a male and female voice from outside my room.

"It could just be somone that looks like her. Why would she be here all by herself?" the male voice says "I swear it was Faith Ownen's!" The woman says "she went in THAT room"

I start panicking and quickly get all my stuff then wait until everything goes quiet then slowly open my door a little to check the coast in clear, then make a run for it and hurry out of the building, not bothering to checkout.

*
I know it was dangerous to drive while I'm tierd and to be honest I'm surprised (and lucky) I didn't fall asleep at the wheel, but I couldn't stay at the hotel. I didn't see the couple who were talking outside my room, but I'm pretty sure it was the couple from the elevator and that must be why they kept staring at me. Because they are the bad people that are after me like my mom told me.

I was freaked out the whole drive, but once I get to my grandma's cabin all that fear and worry quickly goes away and I finally start to feel safe again.

I take my stuff from out of my car and head inside, but as I open the door I gasp at what I see in front of me. "What the fuck!?"

****

Jackie's POV

"Any sign of her?" Janet asks the second I walk into my parents house and I shake my head. "Nothing... he police were at Julie's and they said their still searching and asking around, but nobody's seen or heard from her"

"You didn't start arguing with Julie again did you?" Mother asks and I don't answer. "Jackie. I told you not to start argu...."

"She bleached my baby's skin! How can you expect me to stand there and be nice to someone who does that!?" I snap cutting her off. "How could someone hate an inoccent child that much just because of the colour of their skin?" I croak. "I think it's something deeper than that. If that was the only reason and Julie hated black people that much then the two of you wouldn't have... You know" she uncomfortably mumbles that last part. "That only happened because she was drunk and she only did it for a bet!" I frown. "Well your not exactly innocent either, taking advantage of a drunk teenager" Janet scoffs. "I was a kid at the time too remember!? And she was the one that started it" I snap at her defensively. "It doesn't matter who started what" Joseph cuts in "at the end of the day it was 18 years ago and Faith is here now and you and Julie need to put whatever bullshit aside for now and work together to find your daughter"

Twisted games (Michael Jackson fanfiction)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें