Prom night

Faith's POV

I come downstairs for breakfast and Fernando is in the kitchen cooking. "morning sweetheart I made you some breakfast before school" he smiles putting two plates on the table. "were's my mom?"

"she had to leave early. She's working on some new celeb gossip thing. She didn't go into detail"

"which means she's cancelling our lunch... again" I say sarcastically. "Faith. Your mothers job is very difficult and time consuming. Maybe you could her a little break from time to time and..."

"why don't you quit trying to act like my dad already!" I snap. "I'm not trying to take your fathers place. I'd never do that. I just want us to be friends and get along for your mothers sake"

"and what about me? Have either of you stopped to ask what I want? Or how I feel?"

"how do you feel?" He asks curiously and my phone beeps.

From: Michael- hey baby girl! wanna come over to the studio at lunch today? Xx

From: Faith- always xx

"is that Alex?" Fernando asks and I look up from my phone. "does it matter?" I frown. "I actually wanted to talk to you about him" he says in a soft yet serious tone "I know tonight is your prom night and there's alot of expectation's.. Especially after and..."

"please stop" I shake my head cutting him off. "I know I'm not your father, but of he was here I'm sure he'd be saying this to you too. I'm just saying that just because it's prom doesn't mean you have to feel pressured into doing something your not ready for and..."

"your right!" I smile cutting him off. "my dads not here. So quit trying act like your him. Your just my mums latest fuck buddy"

"no, your mother and I are in a real relationship and we love each other. I understand it's hard for you to except but what your mother and I have is real"

"If you and her are so in love and have this real relationship then why doesn't she want people to know?" I shrug. "your both over 18 and neither of you are in a relationship with anyone else so why wouldn't she tell the world about you and her?"

"she wants to, but you know everyone thinks her and your father are still together and if it got out then everybody will blame me and accuse me of breaking up a family. She's just protecting me from the media attacking me"

"she's protecting herself from the media finding out. Because she doesn't want to ruin her perfect family image. Your nothing special to her. Just like not of the others were either" I smirk and leave the room before giving him a chance to reply.

**********

Michael's POV

I'm sat in my dressing room and check the time yet again. Faith said she'd stop by at lunch and she's still not here and just as I'm about to call her there's a knock on the door. "hey, I was just about to call" I smile opening the door to Faith and let her in then close the door and pull her in close pecking her lips. "sorry, I took so long. I had a lot of stuff to do today"

"you don't have to be sorry, tonight's a big night for you. Are you excited?" I smile and she shrugs. "I guess. I wish you could be there though" she smiles. "me too. I never had a prom" I sigh slightly. "there not that great" she scrunches. "didn't you win prom queen last time?"

"mhm" she smiles through pursed lips. "with him" I smile at her the same way. "you have nothing to worry about with him" she tries to reassure me. "and if it makes you feel any better he has a girlfriend so it's unlikely he'll try and make a move on me"