Precious gift

Faith's POV

"You ok?" Michael asks as we leave the doctors office "mhm" I nod "Are you?"

"Mhm" he nods back and I can see disappointment in his eyes. "Hey, it'll happen soon enough" I smile reassuringly and he smiles back through pursed lips.

After Michael and I our done at the doctors we make our way over to Jackie's house.

"So how did it go?" Jackie asks. "Same as last time" Michael mumbles and Jackie sighs sympathetically. "I'm sorry" he mutters. "There's always next time though" I cut in seeing the look on Michael's face.

I don't know why he keeps blaming himself every time it doesn't work. The doctors even said it could take time and as much as I reassure him he still keeps blaming himself.

We're all sat talking and Jackie gets another phone call and he quickly hangs up and looks nervous more and more each time his phone rings.

"Is everything ok?" I ask "Mhm" he nods faking a smile. "Are you sure? Because you seem kind of tense" I comment. "Does anybody want some more drinks?" He says ignoring my question and goes into the kitchen.

"Maybe we should go" I whisper to Michael. "He clearly doesn't want us here"

"What are you talking about? He asked us to come over today remember?"

"I know, but he's seemed pretty off since we got here"

"He's probably just stressed about something at work or something" he shrugs. "I get like that myself sometimes"

"I guess so" I shrug.

****
Jackie's POV

I'm in the kitchen and I get a call once again from Julie and quickly hang up. I know I can't avoid her calls forever and she's probably getting more pissed with me keep hanging up the phone, but it's not exactly a conversation I can have while Faith and Michael are here.

"Is everything ok?" Michael asks coming into the kitchen and I nod and fake a smile. "Mhm"

"Are you sure? Because we can go if your busy?"

"It's fine. I'm just a little stressed about something at work is all" I lie and he nods. "Anything I can help with?" He asks and I shake my head. "It's fine. Anyway you have enough going on with your new album and with you and Faith" I point and he nods looking at the ground. "Your not still blaming yourself are you? Because not of this is your fault" I reassure him. "But it is. The doctors even said so"

"No. What they said was you have a low sperm count and it could take longer. They didn't say you couldn't have kids"

"But what if I can't?" He croaks and I put my arm around him. "I know how much having a child means to you and Faith, but it will happen eventually. You got her pregnant before remember? And you weren't even trying" I point out. "So I got lucky" he shrugs sarcastically "doesn't mean I can get her pregnant again"

"You will and even if it doesn't happen naturally. There's always other options" I say softly. "I know it's not the same, but it'll still be your child. Have you guys discussed those options?" I ask and he nods. "We've talk about maybe using a donor, but that would mean it'll only be Faith's child and..."

"No it won't" I cut him off. You may not be the father biologically, but you'll still be the baby's daddy. Being blood related doesn't make you a parent. Being there and giving all your love like it was your own is what makes you a father" I say softly and he doesn't answer for a moment "I just wish I could give her a child of our own he croaks. "And someday you will. I just know it and when you do that baby is going to be the luckies baby in the world because he or she will have the most amazing and loving parents any child could ask for" I smile at him through pursed lips and he smiles at me the same way.