Back

Faith's POV

"Will you just tell me what's going on? Where are we going?" I turn to Michael.

"I'm so sorry" he says shakily, keeping his eyes on the road. "for what? You keep saying that, but what exactly are you sorry for!?" I snap getting irritated and he doesn't say anything for a moment.

"Your mom isn't in vacation. And she never changed her mind after Jackie took Precious" he mumbles and I look at him confused "what are you talking about? She text me and said..."

"It was Jackie that text you so you would stop worrying about her turning up and trying to take Precious from us"

"Then where is she?"

"I swear I didn't know until a week ago and..."

"Know what?" I cut him off and he sighs taking a deep breath. "Jackie had her locked in the basement at our old house and..."

"He what!!!!?" I scream, which startles Precious and she starts crying. "Just calm down. Your scarying the baby"

"Stop the car!!" I snap and he turns to the side of the road and stops and I get out then take Precious out of her car seat and walk away comforting her and Michael follows behind us.

"Where are you going? You can't just wonder off. It's not safe and.."

"Or what!? Are you gonna kidnap me too?... again?" I say that last part sarcastically and he looks at the ground and doesn't say anything. "Where is it?" I ask and he looks at me confused. "Your old house. Where is it?"

"We can't go back there"

"Well we can't just leave my mom locked in a basement!" I snap. "She's not there anymore. That's why we have to go away for awhile. Please just come back in the car" he says softly and I shake my head.

"Faith, please get back in the car. It's freezing and it's raining. The two of you are gonna get sick" I don't say anything and he sighs heavily. "Please? I'll explain everything" he says softly and I nod walking back to the car.

****
Michael's POV

After convincing Faith to get back in the car, I continue driving. I leave out the whole hammer an Jackie's idea part, but tell her everything else that's been go in on.

"I can't believe I was so stupid to believe she actually changed her mind" she mutters looking at the ground. "Your not stupid. I believed it too until Jackie told me"

"Then that makes you just as stupid" she snaps. "We knew Jackie was going to take Precious from her as soon as she was born. Of course she was gonna come after us and try and take her" she croaks and starts getting upset again. "Well she can't. We adopted Precious rember? And we have all the paper work to back that up"

"But it's not really legal though is it? I faked my mom's signature and.. "

"And there's no proof of that" I point out "the only proof is that it was a closed adoption and neither Julie or Jackie have any rights to take her or even see her without our permission"

"Then why are we running?"

"I told you why. LaToya let her out and we don't Know Where she is"

"I knew something like this would happen. I told you and Jackie that it was a bad idea and.."

"Then what do you wanna do!? You wanna give her back!?" I snap in a sarcastic tone. "I never said that" she mumbles and I sigh heavily. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to snap at you" I say softly and she doesn't reply.