Decisions

Faith's POV

I've had alot of mixed feelings since I read the letter my Grandma left me and in a way I'm glad I found it and she told me everything about my Jackie and my mom. I heard them both out when Jackie first told me who he was, but I could tell they were both leaving parts out and my grandma's letter filled in those missing pieces for me and it also great to see all the photos and stuff of my family and it made me happy to learn about where I came from, but even though it made me happy learning more about myself and my family it also made me feel sad and hurt because for 17 years I've never truly known who I was or where I came from because everybody lied and hid things from me, including my grandma who I trusted the most.

I'm finishing off getting my stuff together and Michael walks into the bedroom. "you ready to go?" He smiles and I nod and smile back through pursed lips. "are you ok?" He asks concerned sensing something's wrong. "I just feel so conflicted right now" I mumble and he sits on the edge of the bed and gently pulls me over onto his lap. "your grandma clearly loved you very much and she didn't hide the truth from you to hurt you. She thought she was doing the right thing and she even said in her letter, you mother would have stop letting her see you" he says softly. "why didn't you tell me?" I ask and he frowns confused. "you knew who I was and you even said you came looking for me as soon as you found out"

"and I did that's the only reason I agreed to do that stupid interview with your mom so I could meet you. And I even rented a studio close by so you weren't to far away"

"but you still didn't tell me. We were alone in your dressing when we switched numbers that day and you invited me to come to your house to interview you and we were alone many times after that too and always talking on the phone. You had an opportunity to tell me, but instead you started a relationship with me knowing, but I only found out because Jackie told me"

"and I'm truly sorry for all of that... Well except the relationship part. I'd never regret being with you" he says sincerely "why didn't you tell me? Was it because you didn't wanna feel guilty for being with me?"

"I didn't hide it from you because I felt guilty. I never have and never will feel guilty about being with you and if I'd just randomly walked over to you that day and said 'hi, I'm your uncle and Jackie's your real dad' would you have believed me?"

"no" I mumble "which is one of the reasons why I didn't tell you and the other reason was because I didn't know if you knew David wasn't your real dad and at the time I thought you were apart of a happy and loving family and I didn't want to ruin that for you"

"is that why you would ask me so many questions about my family and my childhood?" I ask and he nods "I wanted to get to know you and wanted to know if you'd had a happy childhood and make sure you were ok, but you weren't and I did want to tell you but it got harder the longer I left it and then I started falling in love with you and..."

"will you be honest with me?" I ask and he nods "if things hadn't turned out this way and me and my parents really did have the perfect, happy family and I was well taken care off and you and I were just friends would you have ever told me?" He doesn't say anything for a moment then shakes his head "I'm sorry, but no. If you were truly happy then I wouldn't have told you anything and I would have walked away because all me telling you would have done is hurt you and ruin your life"

"thank you" smile and peck his lips "for what?" He frowns confused "for being honest"

**

Michael's POV

I'm not sure if I should have said that to Faith. I was telling the truth when I said I would have walked away if she had been happy and cared for, but that doesn't mean I regret being with her or anything because I don't and I know this sounds selfish, but I'm actually glad she wasn't happy because of she had been and I walked away then we wouldn't be where we are right now and I've never truly been in love or felt this way about anybody since Faith came into my life.