Playing with the press

Faith's POV

I go downstairs and my mom is in the living room smiling, reading the newspaper. "good news?" I ask walking in and she turns to me and frowns. "lucky! Is the word I'd use!"

"what do you mean?" I frown confused. "well luckily for you the press didn't see you drinking and they got quotes from a bunch of your school friends saying the other girl started the fight because she was jealous you won prom queen"

"I did try and tell you last night" I point out. "it doesn't matter who started it Faith! And just because you didn't start it doesn't stop the rumors"

"what rumors?" I shrug "the papers are saying that Alex has been cheating on you with this girl and that's why she started a fight with you. Your gonna have to go an see him today"

"for what?" I frown "you need to show everybody you and him are still together and as happy as ever. Make sure you go into town where everybody can see you both"

"I have plans already" I shrug folding my arms "Faith! You have an image to keep up! You can see your other little friends another time, but right now you have work to do and you need to clear up the rumours about you and Alex breaking up"

"whatever" I sigh rolling my eyes and turn to leave. "where do you think your going?" My mom frowns "I'm going to see my boyfriend like you said" I fake a smile "make sure you act all sweet and cuddely with him. Don't start making out in front of the camera's though other wise you'll just look trashy and desperate. You don't wanna be seen as the next Madonna" she chuckles. "how did you even get hold of her sex tape?" I ask curiously and she shrugs. "you just have to know the right people. Don't worry you'll learn all the tricks of the trade and some day you'll be a great reporter like me" she smiles. "um.. Have you thought anymore about..."

"forget it!" She cuts me off "I didn't even ask you yet"

"if it's about that school musical then the answer is still no" she says sternly "it's just one show and it's for charity and it'll be televised and..."

"Faith! we've been through this! Your going to be a reporter and that's final. So enough with all this talk of singing and dancing. It's not gonna happen"

"but why not?" I frown confused why she's getting so mad. "because I said so that's why!" She snaps "now go and see Alex"

**********

Julie's POV

after Faith leaves Fernado walks into the room. "what was all that about?"

"she's just bugging me about that stupid school musical again" I sigh. "so why don't you let her do it? It is for charity wouldn't that be good publicity?"

"don't try to act like you know about the press and the media" I roll my eyes at him. "I'm just saying. I've seen her singing and dancing around the house. She's really good it's like a natural to her and if the media see that then...."

"how many fucking times!?" I cut him off. "I'm not gonna let her go in front of a camera to start singing and dancing. She has more important things to be doing" he opens his mouth to say something then quickly changes his mind seeing the annoyance on my face.

**********

Faith's POV

it really pisses me off that my mom won't let me do the musical and I don't get why she's so against it. It's for charity and is gonna be on TV. She's always talking about us keeping up a good family image and this would look great for us, yet she refuses to let me perform. I pull up at Michael's place and he smiles coming out to me. "hey" I smile as he pulls me in for a hug. "hey, how you feeling this morning? No hangover I hope"