Other side Pt.2

Michael's POV

We're sitting eating breakfast and Faith's been really quiet all morning and I can tell she's nervous. "you don't have to go if you don't want to" I say softly. "I have to go" she sighs "I listened to Jackie, it's only right I hear her out as well"

"I wouldn't waste my time. He already told you she's a stuck up racist , that gets a kick out of playing with people's lives and yelling at little kids" I shrug. "that maybe so, but she's still my mom and that's Jackie's version. I need to hear hers. And I thought you didn't remember what happened at the park?"

"I don't, but that doesn't mean I can't be pissed off about it" I shrug and she rolls her eyes playfully. "I'll see you later" she smiles pecking my lips before she leaves.

I wish I could be with Faith through both of these thing's, I really do want to go with her to see her mother, but I'm pretty sure me being there will makes thing's a whole lot worst.

"Faith gone already?" Kai says coming back into the kitchen. "yeah she had to see her mother about something before school" I sigh "what's Julie done now?" She sighs rolling her eyes. "it's complicated"

"in what way? She hasn't found out about the two of you has she?" She asks and I nod "you don't seem to worried about it"

"I don't need to be she's not gonna say anything" I Shug "what makes you so sure? Julie sells everybody out for the right price, what make you think she'll be different just because Faith's her daughter?"

"it's complicated, but she me she won't" I shrug and she looks at me confused. "if I tell you, you have to swear you won't tell anybody" I say sternly and she nods "I swear, you know I wouldn't anyway. So what's this compilation?" She asks and I sigh taking a deep breath and tell her.

**

"Faith's your niece!!?" kai gasps when I tell her about Jackie. "no.. Well kinda, but we don't see it like that"

"if your brothers her father then she's your niece no matter how you look at it, so what are you gonna do?" She sighs sympathetically "not alot I can do" I shrug "your not still sleeping together are you?"

"yes. She is my girlfriend"

"Michael, your her uncle you can't..."

"no I'm not!" I cut her off "technically, maybe. But it's not like we grew up together that way. We love each other and we're gonna stay together"

"and you really think other people will see it that way? Michael you being with her when she's only 17 and a reporter daughter is bad enough. I get that Jackie only just told you both, but now you know really you both should end it, before it goes any further. The longer you both stay together the harder it'll be on you both when it does end"

"but it's not gonna end"

"but.."

"but, nothing! Geez! I wish I hadn't told you now" I cut her off "how would you feel if you were in my situation and you were told you couldn't be with your husband anymore?"

"that's different" she shrugs "how so? If this was you who it was happening to would you leave your husband? Or love him any less?"

"well no. I guess not" she mumbles "I'm sorry, I'm just a little shocked is all. Does Jackie know about you two?"

"he said he's not gonna take her away from me, but he's probably not too happy about it" I shrug "so what happens now? Are her and Jackie gonna get to know each other as father and daughter?"

"well, she's only met him twice, we're going to dinner tomorrow night so she can meet the rest of the family and..."

"that's gonna be one awkward dinner"