Confession

Faith's POV

"Really!?... of course i'll do it!" I hear my mom excitedly say to someone one the phone. "I'll call you back" she quickly says hanging up when she sees me.

"Hey, your awake!" She smiles, putting her phone in her pocket. "Who was that?" I ask "just the producer asking me to report on a story"

"Your not leaving me here alone are you?" I say nervously "sweetie, you'll be fine and..."

"Can't I come with you?" I cut her off and she shakes her head. "I'm sorry sweetie, but you have to stay here. You don't want to risk the people stalking getting you do you?" She says softly and I shake my head nervously. "But, I'll be with you and..."

"And people are also still talking about what Michael said in that interview and if they see you they'd go crazy trying to get your side things"

"So what? I'll have to see them eventually" I shrug. "I know sweetie, but people are still saying a lot of nasty things about you and if they found out something did happen between the two of you it'll be even worst"

"So I should just hide in here forever?" I frown "of course not. Just until the baby's born. If people find out your pregnant with Michael's baby you'll never live it down. So once the baby's born and adopted out we can go back to how things were" she smiles, reassuringly. "I never said I was gonna..."

"It's for the best sweetie. Trust me" she cuts me off. "You wouldn't be able to take care of a baby and especially this one. With you and Michael being related who knows what problems that kid will have and you really don't need the stress of all that. "

"Why are you so sure they'll be a problem with our baby?" I frown annoyed by her comments. "You and Michael share the same DNA of course they'll be problems and it's not like Michael's gonna be around to help you. He disappeared the first chance he got. Trust me on this. Adoption is for the best " she says casually and leaves the room to call back whoever she was talking to before I came in.

I understand why my mom thinks I should put the baby up for adoption, but this is my baby and my body and whatever I decide is my choice nobody else's. if Michael doesn't want to be apart of this baby's life then I'm not going to force him.

*
After my mom leaves for the studio I start thinking more about what my mom said and also about Michael. I haven't seen the interview Michael did, because my mum still refuses to put the internet and cable back because of the nasty things people have been saying about me, but mainly so the people that are after me don't contact me through any kind of social media and stuff and I understand her looking out for me, but I'm going to be 18 in a few days and she can't shield me from everything.

I was telling the truth when I told Joseph, Michael hadn't contacted me and that I don't know where he could have gone and I am worried about Michael because it's strange that he's just disappeared the way that he did.

I'm in the kitchen fixing myself some breakfast and when I reach into the cupboard to take out the cereal, I see something at the back and frown confused seeing my phone. I've been looking for it for days and it weird that I would have put it in there of all places.

I switch it on and see I have a whole bunch of messages, mainly from Kylee and I'm about to read the first one when I hear a noise from outside. It's raining and really windy outside and it was probably nothing, but with what my mom told me about those people and the fact that I'm alone in the house makes it even more creepy and really freaked me out.

I called my mom and it goes straight to voicemail so I leave her a message.

"Mom I know your working but I'm really freaking out. I can hear something outside. I think it's them. Please come home" I sob shakily down the phone and there's a knock at the front door that makes me jump and scream slightly and I hang up the phone and quickly rush towards the back door.