Finishing the Mythical Road Trip

Link POV

So the next day we get gas and we tell the guy working there that at every gas station we say the pledge of allegiance. There's one problem. He doesn't know it. That's unfortunate. So we get our gas and move on to our next stop.

A little while later we get to the New Mexico border and dance across it. The next mythical meet up is in the middle of a prairie which means it'll be the first and probably only outdoor meet up. As soon as we got there, Rhett recognized a guy that we went to high school with. He gave him a hug and they talked for a little bit. When Rhett opened the box he was expecting either an "OOO" or an "Ahhhh" and we got both.

We got fireman patches, key chains which Rhett thought were earrings at first and a clay pigeon. They were all interesting. The kid who gave us the clay pigeon said that he got hit in the face with it and lost some teeth. He even showed Rhett. We then had everyone sing America the Beautiful which I conducted. It went well. It was definitely an interesting way to end the meet up.

Rhett POV

Link is now driving. He's been driving since we left the meet up. We're driving down the highway and we see "alien windmills" as Link put it. We actually drove next to one for a while. Those wings are massive.

A little while later we danced across the Arizona state border.

Link POV

Thursday morning we had another mythical meet up in Flagstaff Arizona! This is the eighth meet up out of our entire trip. As soon as we walk in to the truck stop we are bombarded by cheers and applause. "Wow!" I said as  I walked in. We got a bunch of different things including a Howdy Doody head, a rat puppet named coco and a few performances from a few families. Some families even traveled great distances to meet us It was really great.

After the mythical meetup we head to the Grand Canyon. People have gone past the guard rails at the top and lay down on the top of the Grand Canyon. Rhett dared me to do it. I was not willing to do it at first. I handed him my glasses and headed over the guard rail. I then attempted to lay down on one of the rocks on my stomach. I got queasy. My legs started shaking but I did it anyway. I then suggested going down into the Grand Canyon as opposed to falling head first into it.

Rhett POV

We get into the grand canyon and Link says "Ladies and Gentlemen, the biggest sand castle I've ever seen in my life." I don't disagree with him. It's pretty big.

I start climbing my way up to the top and Link yells up to me "Ya see that pointy red thing way up there? Climb up to that!" I look up at where he's talking about and say "I could, I could. If I was committed." Honestly I was out of breath just getting to where I was.

We then take the camera that we have with us and take a video of the grand canyon. We do it so that our heads are in the shot with the natural sand castle. When Link takes the camera from me, he stops halfway through, he points the camera up towards my head and I say "I'm a lot higher than you" and then he continues on with the shot.

There's even a mural on the wall. It's so beautiful. It's really hard to capture all this beauty on video. It's incredible.

The next day we danced across the California state border.  We made it! We still had to get inspected though. "California is like another nation. They must inspect you." So I pull up to the inspection spot, put the U-haul in park and turn it off just like the guy said. Link wasn't allowed out with the camera. So he had to go back in while I opened the trunk up. The guy asked me if I had any plants in the back and I said "Yeah. House plants." He told me that we weren't gonna pass inspection if we had any bugs on those plants. Luckily we didn't so we passed.

A little while later I go back into the car and Link asked me what happened. I explained it to him and he was happy we passed.

Link POV

"We're in our final state. I almost feel emotional about it" I say to Rhett. "It's like a right of passage." He just nods. "I feel like you're that much closer to being a man, Rhett. Joining me as a man."

"Here we are. Three hours outside of Hollywood" Rhett says to me.

"I almost don't want it to end. It's like... I-I love..."

"I could just keep-"

"I just-"

"I could drive into the ocean. I think this'll float." This makes me crack a little smile.

"I really like.... what this road trip has done. It's kind of forced us to stop and just think."

"We've seen a lot of cows."

"The cows."

"We've seen a lot of trucks. America wouldn't be America without cows and trucks."

"I've even seen trucks carrying cows." Rhett shakes his head in disbelief.

"But you haven't seen cows carrying trucks."

I laugh and tell him no.

We were nervous and excited at the same time. It definitely was a big decision to move across the country to film a TV show. We had no idea what we were getting ourselves into but it was definitely worth moving to California. Rhett said that the only way we would ever go out to California was if we had a reason to. If we didn't have a reason to, then we would still be in North Carolina.

If we weren't successful with Commercial Kings then Rhett jokingly suggested we go back home to North Carolina and open up a restaurant.

We are excited but nervous about it. If we don't succeed what are we really gonna do with our lives? The internet helped us get to where we are and we are very nervous about what's to come for our careers and the rest of our lives.

I don't think that I would be where I am if Rhett wasn't right there with me. I wouldn't be in Los Angeles. I am very thankful that I have a best friend like him.

We had one last mythical meetup in LA. It was a thank you to all of our mythical beasts who have supported us on our entire journey here. We couldn't have made it without them. 

Who knows what's in store for us in LA? I can't wait to find out.