Daddy-Daughter Day at Work

Lilly POV

Wow! Today's the day that I get to go to work with my dad. It's so exciting! I wonder if I could maybe explore the studio a little bit.

"Hey dad, while you and Rhett, who you still have to let me meet, are filming, can I explore the studio a little bit?"

"Sure Lilly. Just make sure you meet me back in my office at the end of the day."

"Really? Thanks!" This is awesome! I always wondered what this place looked like finished. Now I get to see it for myself.

When we get to the studio, dad takes me inside. The first room we go to is his office upstairs that he shares with Rhett. He tells me to sit down at his desk and wait for him to get back. So, I do. I'm waiting until I see a woman with long blonde hair and glasses come in.

"Hey, Link we- Oh! You're not Link."

"Uhhhhhh.... No. Not since the last time I checked." We both laugh and then she introduces herself.

"I'm Stevie."

"Hi Stevie. I'm Lilly, Link's daughter."

"Oh interesting. I never knew he had a daughter."

"Neither did he until a few weeks ago."

She laughs "well then when your father comes back let him know that there's a little problem that I need him to look at."

"Okay Stevie. I will."

"Thank you Lilly."

I smile and she leaves to go do something else. A few minutes later, dad comes back.

"Hey dad."

"Hey kiddo. Anyone come looking for me?"

"Yeah actually. Stevie did. She says that you guys have a problem that she needs you to look at."

"Oh great. Let me go find her. You know what? Come with me. I'll introduce you to the rest of the crew."

"Ooooo okay!" This is gonna be so fun!

Link POV

I take Lilly with me to go find Stevie. First we check her desk but she's not there. Then we check the editing bays but she's not there either. Then we check the kitchen but she's not there. The last place we look is the GMM set and she is there with Jen, Jason and Ben setting up for an episode.

"Oh Stevie. There you are."

"Hey Link. Hi Lilly" she says as she waves at Lilly. Lilly waves shyly and smiles at Stevie.

"So Stevie, what's the problem?"

"Oh the hashtag that we use is being used for two other shows. Rhett pointed it out to me the other day. What are we going to do?"

"Hmmmmmm..... What do you think Lilly?"

"Me?"

"Yes. What do you think?"

"Hmmmmmmm...... why don't you get the mythical beasts to start a hashtag war?"

"That's a great idea Lilly."

She smiles and wanders onto set. I keep an eye on her while I'm talking to Stevie about this problem we have.

Lilly POV

Wow. I haven't seen the set up close before. This is amazing. All of the pictures on the walls and the guitars. It's so cool! As I'm looking around I don't notice that there's a giant looking over my shoulder. I turn around and there's a giant standing in front of me.

"Hi!!!" I wave.

"Well hi there. And you are?"

"I'm Lilly, Link's daughter."

"Oh so you're the head I saw peeking out the window when I dropped Link off the other night."

"Mmmhmm"

"Well Lilly, I'm Rhett."

"Hi Rhett. Wow. You sure are taller in person."

He laughs "Thanks. Yeah, I get that a lot."

Rhett then asks me all of these questions about me. I guess he wants to know more about me. This is so cool! I answer all of his questions and then he goes to talk to dad.

A little while later I find myself back in my dad's office. I explored what I wanted to of the studio and I'm tired. I had a fun day of meeting people and exploring.

Link POV

"What's the problem Stevie?" Rhett comes in and asks us.

"Oh the GMM hashtag is being used by two other news stations and Lilly came up with the idea of having the mythical beasts help us win the hashtag war. She's a bright kid."

"She came up with that? Yeah. She's smart."

"So what do you say Rhett? You like her idea?"

"Yeah. I do. Let's do it. Let's declare a hashtag war!"

I smile and then I go to see if Lilly wants to go home. It is getting late.

"Okay Lilly, you ready to go home?"

She nods her head and rubs her eyes. She looks tired. She had a very exciting day. I don't blame her for being tired. We head to the car. By the time I get in and start the car, she's passed out in the back seat. Once I pull into my driveway, I turn back to her to let her know we're home. She's still asleep. I then decide to carry her up to her bedroom. It's a good thing she's small. Sarah sees me walk up the driveway with a package in my arms and she opens the door for me. I give her a kiss.

"Oh it looks like somebody had a long day."

"Yeah. She started yawning at the studio in my office and I decided it was a good time for us to go home. She had a long day. I'm just going to put her to bed and then I'll join you in our room in a little bit."

"You need a hand?"

"If I wasn't carrying Lilly I would clap but no I'm good."

"Haha. Okay. I love you." She kisses me and goes to our room. I take Lilly to her room and get her ready for bed. Once I tuck her in and say goodnight, I kiss her forehead and turn her light off. I then head into my room and join Sarah in watching some TV before we both fall asleep.