Moving In

Sarah POV

Wow! I can't believe I'm moving in with Link! This is incredible.

Ugh. I have so much to do and I don't even know where to start. I have to pack. That's the first thing that's gotta get done. Link said he would come over to help me pack so I can move in with him. Maybe we can get Rhett to help too.

A few minutes later Link shows up and he helps me pack up my clothes. I pack everything up in boxes and suitcases and Link takes them out to my car or his car. Wherever they would fit. I never realized how much stuff my parents and I had until now. I really don't know what to do with it. I mean, all of their clothing is still here and their possessions are too.

Hmmmmmmm...... I guess I could donate the clothes and probably sell everything else. I do need more help than just Link. He's good but he's only one person. I called Rhett and he said that he and Jessie would come over to help. They're the best!

Once Jessie and Rhett both come over, we all pack the boxes to go to Link's house in his car. We also pack everything to go to charity in my car so I can drop it off. Link and Rhett do most of the heavy lifting. They're pretty manly men. I'm sure they can handle it. I wonder which one is more manlier......

Hmmmmmmmm.....

Anyway..... I still haven't gone in the attic yet. Who knows what's up there. I guess there's only one way to find out. Right?

The first thing I do when I get in the attic is sneeze. Big surprise there! There's a thick layer of dust about 10 or 15 years old up here. It's crazy! Under all the dust is boxes. Boxes and boxes and boxes. A lot of it is house decorations for the holidays. My mom was crazy about decorating for the holidays. She would have lights for every holiday. Even the little ones. We had this Halloween village that my dad and I would put up every year. He would put up the buildings and the houses and I would put up the people. We had to have it look like something was happening so I would set it up and then explain to dad why I did what I did. It would be like a story was unfolding as I put it together.

I can't believe everything's still up here. I have to put it into storage. I definitely don't want to get rid of any of that. It's too precious. There are too many memories attached. Once we get everything out of the house, we bring it where it's supposed to go. The only thing that's left is the furniture. It's so sad to leave the house that I lived in most of my life. I'm not selling it just yet. I will eventually. But not yet.

I'm on my way to Link's house. I dropped off the donations and now I'm heading home. Wow. That's so weird to say. That definitely has some getting used to. A few minutes later I get home. My new home. As soon as I get there it's time to unpack. Fun!

I unpack my clothes because that's easy. I put everything in drawers and a closet. Then we move on to the more challenging things. Like my books, my knick knacks and other things like that. That took about 2 hours to unpack. Now I just have to wait until the house is sold before I really can say that I moved in with Link. Although the hard part is already taken care of.

Three weeks later.....

"Hey Link! I got an email about my old house. Some couple is looking at buying it!"

"Wow that's great!"

"Yeah! They say that they want to come by and look at it today."

"Nice! Do you want me to come with you?"

"Uhhhh..... no I think I would like to do this myself. But thanks anyway Link."

"Alright. Just call if you need me."

"Of course." I smile and then head to my old house to meet the couple.

When I get to the house, they're already there and they are eager and excited to see the house. I show them around and they seem to like it. They like that there are multiple bedrooms in the house because they're expecting a child soon. Before I know it they're asking about a price for the house. I tell them how much I was originally planning on selling it for and they take the offer. They just have to fill out the paperwork and then they can start to move in.

Once they finish filling out the paperwork, they leave to get their stuff and I am left in the living room. I close my eyes, take one last deep breath in at my old house and think. I have had so many good memories here. It's sad to see this old house go. I'm going to miss it here.

When I open my eyes, I see two familiar figures.

"Rhett! Link! What are you guys doing here?"

"We wanted to see how you were doing. We haven't heard from you in a while so we got worried."

"Oh well the couple likes the house. They're going to take it."

"That's great! but why were your eyes closed?"

"Oh, I was just thinking about the good times I had here. There were so many."

"Are you going to miss living here?"

"Of course I am but I have you two guys and I have a new home now. With you, Link."

Then the three of us have a huge group hug. We haven't done that in forever. I felt like I needed it though. These guys are the best. They know what I need before I even know I do. After a few more minutes of talking to them, they leave and I slowly follow behind.

Right before I close the door behind me I turn around to take one last look at the house. I smile and say "goodbye house. I'll miss you" and close the door behind me.