Reminiscing

Sarah POV

Link and I are now on our honeymoon. It's so exciting and also very relaxing. It gives us time to enjoy ourselves and each other's company. We've decided to go to one of our favorite states, Hawaii. We flew to the island and rented a car because you can't exactly take a car from Los Angeles to Hawaii. It's kind of tough. At least..... I think so. We went to this nice place for dinner. It was a surf n' turf restaurant. I figure it's pretty good considering we're honeymooning on an island. We're in the car on our way back to our hotel room from dinner. Link has found all of the stations that we like. There's a country station, a station with relatively modern music, and a classic rock station. He has on the station that plays classic rock since the other two both have commercials on. It figures....

These days classic rock contains music from the 60s, 70s, and 80s. Now my favorite decade of music has to be the 80s. And it's 80s hair bands that are my absolute favorite. Bands like Poison, Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, and Guns n' Roses are some of my absolute favorites. I also like Genesis and Rush too but they're more Progressive Rock than 80s hair bands. Anyway..... A song that is by one of my favorite hair bands comes on the radio and I decide to start singing along.

"Gunter glieben glauchen globen
All right"

I then give Link a little wink as he's driving and turn the volume up in the car.

"What does that even mean?" He shouts over the song. I just shrug my shoulders and continue singing.

"I got something to say
Yeah, it's better to burn out
Yeah, than fade away"

"I think it's German for something" I say when I can get a break.

As I'm singing along Link is laughing hysterically at me. I keep singing and dancing in my seat and just ignore him. He knows I love to sing to anything and everything and he eventually joins in. But it's not until the song is almost half over already.

"Now listen to me!" I start.

"I'm Burnin', Burnin'," he sings.

"I got the fever" I continue.

"I know for sure, there ain't no cure" he continues singing.

"So feel it, don't fight it, go with the flow" I sing along.

"Gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme one more for the road" we sing together.

"What do you want?" I ask.

"What do you want?" He repeats.

"I want rock'n'roll" we sing.

"You betcha" Link says with a wink.

"Long live rock'n'roll" We sing together.

We continue singing until the song is finished and reminisce about all of the music we listened to as kids. I don't even know how this topic came up. Maybe it's because of the last episode of Good Mythical Morning I watched that the guys did. I'm not entirely sure.

Now that I'm older I wonder how any of that even happened. We are such country kids and were so backwards as seen in the last episode of their show when they were interviewing Minnie Pearl..... Dorks...

As an adult, I never thought we would listen to half the stuff that we did as ten year olds. Now that I'm thinking about it, I'm not sure if it was really one hundred percent okay for a ten year old to be listening to the stuff that Link has on that old tape. I mean, stuff like bad medicine, funky cold medina, wild thing, and sweet child o' mine are definitely not for ten year olds. We didn't even know what those songs were really about until we were at least five years older. But then again, it was the 80's and we were a strange bunch of kids growing up.

Link POV

I seriously wonder what I'm going to do with Sarah. I love her but she's crazy some times. I guess I'm not much better. I mean... My best friend IS Rhett. I guess we're all a little crazy. I mean, nobody really IS "normal" right? Being normal is boring. If people can't laugh at themselves like they laugh at each other for doing something stupid then there's something wrong with them. At least that's what I think. Sarah and I are able to laugh at each other and laugh at ourselves for being silly. And we don't get offended because we know that the laughter comes with a lot of love.

Soon after we arrive back at the hotel, we decide to go take a dip in the hotel pool and relax. It was nice. We did some more talking and we were both so tired that we decided to go back to our room and call it a night. We had a fun-filled day with the rest of the honeymoon to come. Sarah and I snuggle up in bed together and slowly drift off to sleep.

Sarah POV

*
*
*
*
*

The year was 1998. It was a cool summer day. It had just rained the night before so the air was still cool from the front that blew in. I had my denim jacket on over a light green t-shirt and I was wearing a pair of jeans and sneakers. It was about 4:15 in the afternoon. I was on the bus on my way to the mall. It was my one day off from work so I decided to do a little shopping. I get out my bus pass and pay the fair. I then see that there is a whole row of vacant seats in the back of the bus. I sit on the left side one seat away from the window. I put my bag down on the seat next to the window to my left. I had my music playing so I wasn't bored while sitting there. Fifteen minutes later, I see a very familiar face walk towards the back of the bus. I look at him and recognize him the same exact time he recognizes me. I wave and say hello and he says "hey."

He sits down in the seat on my right. We start talking small talk just because it's been a while since I've seen him. By the way, it's been about two years since I last saw him. He asked me what kind of music I was into and I told him. It turns out he was into the same type of music as I was. I thought that was pretty funny. Then we get to talking about ourselves and what we've been up to since we last saw each other. Somehow he gets around to asking me if I still have glasses. I told him I do and take them out of my bag. I take them out of their case, clean them off and put them on. Once I put them on he says to me "oh there's the Sarah I know." I think I might have blushed a little bit. I'm not entirely sure though.

I knew him in high school. I actually used to have a crush on him.

I had chorus with him.... he and Nicole were the two students that usually took attendance when the teacher was absent so he would call out the names of the students and they would answer with "here." I told him that I remember one time he was calling out the names and he called out his own name without even realizing it. When he realized it he was like "oh wait. That's me." I was snickering in my seat for about two minutes after that. He cracked me up. Both of us laughed about it on the bus ride. Those were some good times.

*
*
*
*
*
A/N

Comment below if you know the song they sang along to. And if you don't know then you are definitely missing out on some good music. At least... In my opinion. 😊