Soulmates

A/N

So I've had a bit of writers block recently along with issues at home so I haven't been able to update. But I suddenly got inspired to write this chapter at almost 3:00 in the morning. This chapter is basically another journal entry like the first chapter was with a little bit extra. I hope you enjoy!

~K

Sarah POV

There's this old story that goes "Once, a long, long time ago, all people had four legs and two heads. Then the gods got mad and threw down thunderbolts which split everyone in two. Each half then had two legs and one head. But the separation left both sides with a separate yearning to be reunited. Because they each shared the same soul. Ever since then, all people spend their entire lives searching for the other half of their soul." This is how I feel about Link.

He is the other half of my soul.

I never really understood it when we were kids but I understand it completely now. Thinking back I knew there was something familiar about him. Even on that first day in first grade when we stayed in for recess. I just couldn't put my finger on it. Deep down I knew we would be together. He is my other half. We are a perfect fit. I don't think my life would be the same if I never met him when we were kids. He says that I'm the best thing that ever happened to him but it works both ways. He makes me laugh whenever I'm feeling upset.

I remember one time when we were kids, well teenagers really, he and I were in his bedroom. I was crying because of something an ex boyfriend said to me and he said "hey. I thought you were a princess. Princesses don't cry. Don't make me demote you to a Princess in training! Hey- PIT!" I swear I was laughing through my tears for the next five minutes. That had to be one of the funniest things he has ever said to me and it definitely cheered me up. Oh, Link. I forgot he called me a princess. It's funny what you remember when you're just..... thinking.

He also tells me that his world is a better place when I'm in it but I mean, come on! That's so cliché. We were always in each other's world. We were just at opposite ends of it for eighteen years. Literally. I moved across the country.

I have loved him for my entire life. That's never going to change. He's my best friend. Well one of them anyway. I never feel alone with him. I can tell him anything and he knows that he can tell me absolutely anything too. I find it funny however, that the hardest thing we had to say to each other was the exact same thing. And it was only three little words. They were the hardest thing I ever had to say to him but I'm glad I did. I think he is too.

Link always felt like family. There were so many people he reminded me of that are in my family. He looked after me like a big brother. I am so comfortable around him like I am with my guy cousins. He has the sense of humor that my dad had. He also has the same blue eyes that my dad did. Well not exactly the same but I think you know what I mean. His eyes are the first thing I think about every morning and the last thing I think about every night before I go to sleep. Is that weird? Don't answer that.

Even though he was a goofy kid, he felt like my big brother up until we got into high school. Then things changed for me. Even though I never showed it, I was jealous of his high school girlfriends. Do you think he noticed? Don't answer that either. I just wished he was kissing me as opposed to them. I wished he was holding my hand instead of theirs. I wish I got the hugs they did. It was always that way..... until I moved.....

Now that I'm with him, I am never letting him go. I love him. Link is the other half of my soul. He is my soulmate.

I heard that soul mates minds are connected from birth. This is very true. He knows when I'm upset and he knows what I'm thinking. It's scary some times. They also say that when you can't sleep, your soulmate can't either. Hmmmmm..... I wonder.....

Third Person POV

She looks over at Link who is in the seat next to her looking at his phone. She sighs and he looks at her. "What's wrong? Can't sleep?" He asks her. "Not really" she says with a yawn. She then closes her journal and rests her head on Link's shoulder. He kisses the top of her head and then goes back to looking at his phone. She then drifts off to sleep with a smile on her face.

Sarah POV

Soulmates are a tricky thing. They are tough to find. It seems like one in a million people actually find their soulmate. I'm just glad I found mine.

Even though they might not be romantic, they are always there for you when you need them. They make you a better person. They're not always perfect, but they're perfect for you.

Link POV

Soulmates..... I think Sarah and I are.

Yeah. We definitely are.

:)