The Proposal

Link POV

I love Sarah. I don't know why I didn't just tell her. It was so hard to say because I didn't know what she would say. Her saying she loves me too makes this next part so much easier.

I let go of her hand, stand up and get down on one knee. "I love you" I start saying as she starts tearing up. "I never thought I would fall in love with my best friend."

"Neither did I, Link" she tells me while still tearing up.

"I always knew I loved you. Ever since that day you left eighteen years ago I knew I felt different. I was thinking about doing this back in LA. Maybe taking you out to dinner or doing something fancy and romantic because I always thought it mattered where I did this or what I said to you. Then I thought to myself 'What better place to propose than where we first met when we were kids'. In these past couple months I realized that you definitely are the one I want to spend eternity with."

I pause for a minute to look at her.

"You asked me why I never got married. I told you I haven't found the right girl, but in reality I did. I found her years ago. It just took me a while to realize it. It was honestly so easy to fall in love with you. I guess I just never quite got over you since the day you left when we were fifteen." I chuckle and so does she.

"You make me a better version of myself. You make me happier than I ever thought I could be. And if you let me, I will spend the rest of my life trying to make you feel the same way."

I take a deep breath and pull a ring out of my green jacket pocket. "So Sarah, will you marry me?"

She doesn't say a word but just nods her head. I take that as a yes and place the ring on her finger. I then stand up and look right in her eyes.

I use my thumb to remove the tears from her cheeks. Then with my index finger and thumb I take a hold of her chin and gently tilt her head up and kiss her.

Sarah POV

I can't believe he's loved me since we were in high school. I should've figured it out sooner. He was always doing the sweetest things for me ever since he moved out to LA and we became close again.

Once we finish kissing I begin to wonder about a few things.

"How did you know that I felt the same?" I asked him while we walked out of the school.

"I walked towards the kitchen to get breakfast that morning I stayed over and I heard you and Maddie talking about the kiss. You two talk VERY loudly. Hey, was it really better than Brandon?"

"I should punch you for listening in and being nosy but yes. You were definitely better than Brandon ever was."

"Really?"

I chuckle. "Yes Link, Really."

He laughs and then takes my hand. We then take a long stroll around our old home town.

"It really is weird to be back here. Especially since everybody that I knew is no longer with us."

"Yeah. I'll admit it was a little strange. But I actually came here a couple of years ago with Rhett to find our first grade teacher."

"No! Did you find Ms. Locklear?"

"Yes. We did. We even filmed a documentary about it. You should go check it out once we get back home."

"Oh? And how do you expect me to do that?"

"Well.... You could either rent it on YouTube, buy it from our store...." I punched him. "OW! What was that for?"

"I'm NOT buying your documentary from you."

"I guess I could just give you my copy" he says with an exaggerated sigh.

"Smart move, Link" I say as I roll my eyes and kiss his cheek.

While walking he starts to hum a familiar tune. This humming then turns to a whispered singing which then slowly gets to a very loud rendition of the Facebook Song.

"The Facebook song? Really?"

"What? I just can't randomly sing one of my own songs while we're walking and how do you even know that song anyway?"

"No you can. Ever since you said you guys had a YouTube channel, I've been listening to your guys' stuff and the two of you are hilarious. I'm just curious as to why that song out of all the other songs you guys have written?"

"Oh. Well it was one of the more popular songs Rhett and I sang and I would say it was definitely a pivotal point in our entertainment careers."

"Huh.... interesting..... but you didn't answer my question."

"Oh. It was just stuck in my head."

"Do you ever think you'll sing it again for people?"

"Not anytime soon" he says with a laugh.

We then walk back to his car and head home. In the car I kept staring at the ring and smiling.

"Well you're happy" Link says to me as he quickly glances my way while driving back towards the airport.

"I couldn't be happier Link" I say with a smile.