The News

A/N

Huzzah! My writer's block is gone!!! It's about time. 😂 New chapter for y'all! I hope you like it! 😊

Third Person POV

Link and Sarah are waiting to get on their plane home. Link already returned the rental car and removed their suitcases from the trunk. They both walked into the airport and got their plane tickets. Their flight is delayed an hour so they're both waiting patiently. After a few minutes, Sarah starts writing in her journal. Link is typing something on his phone. They are both tired but neither of them can sleep. After writing in her journal, Sarah finally relaxes and looks at Link who has his nose in his phone.

He feels her stare and looks at her. "What's wrong? Can't sleep?" He asks her. "Not really" she says with a yawn. She then closes her journal and rests her head on Link's shoulder. He kisses the top of her head and then goes back to looking at his phone. She then drifts off to sleep with a smile on her face.

A little while later Sarah and Link get up from their seats because their plane finally pulled into the gate. They wait until their seats are called and then board the plane. They put their bags in the storage bins above their heads, sit down and take off shortly after.

About five hours later they land in LA. They take their bags and haul a taxi which takes them home. When they arrive, they are greeted by Rhett and Jessie who bombard them with questions.

Link POV

"Hey Rhett."

"Link! You found her!"

"Yes I did. And I told her."

"So Rebecca's advice helped?"

We soon hear two high pitched squeals from the other room.

"Does that answer your question?"

"Yeah. I guess it does."

We then both laugh and go into the other room and talk to the girls.

Sarah POV

"Hey Jess!"

"Hey girl! How've ya been?"

"Much better!" I show her the ring.

We both scream which then causes the guys to walk over and check on us.

"Everything okay here?" Link asks me.

I nod my head while smiling and then give him a kiss.

"Awwwwwwwwww!"

"Oh shut up Jessie. I'm sure you're the same way with Rhett."

"You are correct! And I am not going to. You two are cute together!"

We both laugh and soon the guys join in. A little while later the phone rings. It's my doctor.

"Hello?"

"Hello. May I please speak to miss Sarah Lane?"

"Yes. This is she."

"Hello miss Lane. I'm from Doctor Kelleher's office. Do you have a moment?"

"Oh yes of course. What is the call about?"

"Your test results from a couple of months ago came in. Unfortunately you're going to have to come in to see the results. We don't do this kind of thing over the phone."

"Oh. Alright. I understand. When can I come in?"

"The next free appointment for Doctor Kelleher is next Wednesday at nine-thirty in the morning."

"Oh. Great. I guess I'll see the doctor then."

"Yes you will. Have a great day miss!"

"Thanks. You too. Goodbye!"

I hang up the phone and then Link comes over. He asks me "Who was that?"

"That was my doctor's office."

"Oh what did they want?"

"My test results came in. They said I should see my doctor next week."

"Oh. Well that doesn't sound good."

"No it doesn't but hopefully the results are good."

"I hope so....."

He gives me a side hug while rubbing my arm to try and comfort me along with a kiss on the top of my head. I just sigh and lean my head on his shoulder.

"Are you okay?"

"I'll be fine... I hope."

"Do you want me to come with you?"

"Could you?"

"Of course!"

"That would be very helpful."

"Anything for you, my love" he says with a hug.

"Oh. But I am warning you that there will be blood and from what I can remember, you do not do well around blood."

Then Rhett joins in our conversation "Oh no. He hasn't gotten much better about that over the years."

"Oh come on guys! I'll be fine!" Link says.

"Are you sure, Link?"

"Yes! I'll be strong. For you!"

"Or for yourself...." I mumble.

"I heard that" he says as he playfully pushes me into Rhett.

I don't know if I believe him. I guess we'll see next week.

Since we are at Link's house, I go back to my house and shower. He has a date planned for tonight. I'm excited. Our first official date. It seems weird now that he's my fiance but I mean I've loved him all my life and apparently he's done the same. It shouldn't be that bad. I hope.

After my shower, I go sit on the couch in the living room and wait for him to come pick me up. A little while later I hear a knock at the door.

"I'll be out in a minute!" I yell through the door. I then unlock the door and open it. I thought it was Link because he was supposed to pick me up.

I was wrong.

It wasn't Link who was waiting outside the door......