Doctor Visit

Sarah POV

I have my doctor's appointment today. I'm not too excited about it. I just hope there's no bad news. The good thing is Link will be coming with me to my appointment. I just hope he survives if I have to have blood taken. Why is it that I'm more worried about Link at my appointment than myself?

Hmmmmmmmmm.........

When we get to the doctor's office we check in. We sit in the waiting room and Link looks worried.

"What's wrong?"

"I'm just worried about you."

"Why? I'm fine."

"I'm worried about the results. What if they're not good? What if you have cancer?"

"Link, even if I do have cancer, I'm not going to let it stop me from living my life. I'll be fine. Trust me. Okay?"

"Okay.... I trust you."

A few minutes later the nurse comes in to take us to the room. She takes my vitals and then tells me that my doctor will be coming in a few minutes. All we can do is wait. Link is sitting next to me on the bed and he takes my hand in his. I rest my head on his shoulder. We hear a knock on the door a few minutes later.

"Hello Ms. Lane. How are you today?"

"Oh hello Dr. Kelleher, I could be better honestly."

"Oh why's that?"

"I'm just worried about my test results. I want to know if I have cancer or not."

"Well I am happy to say that you do not have any as of now. But we do want to take precautions because you are still at risk for getting cancer because of your genetic trait."

"Oh. So what do we do now?"

"Well, we have to get a genetic test done to see if there's something in your genes."

"Oh. Okay. When can we do that?"

"We can do that right after this. You just have to go down to our lab and get some blood taken."

"Okay. Sounds great! Thank you Dr. Kelleher."

Once the doctor leaves, we head down to the lab so I can get a blood test done. On our way there, Link isn't looking too good.

"You okay?"

"Huh? Oh, yeah. I'm good."

"You sure? You're looking a little green around the gills."

"Yeah. I'll be fine. I'll wait in the waiting room while you're getting your blood taken."

"Good idea Link."

I walk in to the room when my name is called. I sit in the chair and the lab specialist takes a disinfectant wipe and wipes my arm. He takes a plastic strip and tenses up my vanes so they show. He tells me to make a fist and then finds a vane. He wipes my arm one more time and then takes a needle and pokes through the skin to the vane. The blood starts to come up in the needle's tube and he quickly gets two blood vials filled to the line with blood. Once he is finished, he takes the needle out, puts a cotton ball on the hole and then puts a red crayon bandage over it. I laugh as he says "it matches your shirt." I nod my head and then leave the room after thanking him. When I get out Link sees me and smiles. I tell him "I match! Now lets go!" we then leave and head home.

When we get home we sit on the couch, Link puts an arm around me and we put the TV on.

Soon after Link asks me "do you maybe, possibly, want to move in with me?"

Where the hell did this come from? "Uhhhhh......."

"Y-You don't have to answer right away. J-Just think about it..... please?"

"Uhhhhhhh.... okay."

Wow. I never expected this to happen so soon. I mean I know he loves me and I love him of course. But moving in? So soon? We didn't even have a first date yet.

This just feels like it's moving too fast. Oh, I definitely have to think about this.

A/N

Yes this chapter was short. I know that. What do you guys think of Link's "proposal"? Do you think she'll do it? Let me know! Oh and just so ya know snot mike up puffed he! 😋

.....

Yeah, he's never living that down. 😂 Anyway... I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Sorry it was so short! There's more to come soon.

~K