Mmmmm.... Bacon...

Link POV

Rhett and I are looking through suggestions for five word song titles suggested by mythical beasts. Normally when we come up with ideas for songs, we either get an idea by ourselves through conversation, have a sponsor give us a product to advertise at some point in the video, or get other people to suggest it.

Rhett and I are sitting in our office and looking through a ton of suggestions. Some of them are stupid like "purple dinosaur kitten donut hole" or things like that. It didn't make any sense. They seem like they're trying to just put five words together in hopes of it working. These were NOT working.  We thought the idea of having people suggest five word song titles would make it so easy for us but this is not. This time it's not that easy. We have gone through thousands of suggestions, some times even a thousand suggestions at once, and nothing hits us. Then we see "the narwhal bacons at midnight." Rhett and I think it's a good idea. It's almost too good so we decide to do some research.

Rhett POV

After about a day of research we find that idea is taken. It turns out that happens to be the official greeting of a Redditer. Somebody who is a Redditer meets another Redditer at a conference and one person says "when does the narwhal bacon?" And the other person responds "the narwhal bacons at midnight."

This is going to be a lot harder than we thought.....

Link POV

I do see other bacon suggestions but none of them are really hitting me as being good enough to make a song out of.

About a week later I see a suggestion that hits me. Rub some bacon on it.

Hmmmmm.... Rub some bacon on it....

"Wow. Hey Rhett! What about this one?"

"Read it to me."

"Rub some bacon on it."

"Oh my gosh! I can think of so many things we can do with that! There's a music video that can go all over the place with this idea."

"We need to work the song out first, Rhett. Write up ideas for like... verses and I'll think of something we can use for a chorus along with a tempo and music to sing to. I'll see what I can come up with."

"Good plan Link."

A few days pass and I create the music for the song. I show it to Rhett and he loves it. The next challenge is to come up with different ideas for the way the hook, rub some bacon on it, should sound. I definitely have a lot of ideas. I'll record the ideas I have and show them to Rhett.

Rhett POV

Link is working on the hook of the song while I'm trying to come up with ideas about ridiculous situations that we could use bacon for. I start writing them down:

Nailed finger to a birdhouse

Encounter a clone

Awkward silence

Dropping my phone

Getting mono

Nude pictures getting posted