More Weird Dreams

Link POV
*
*
*
*
*
"Link?"

I heard someone say my name. It was a woman's voice. It sounded familiar. Very familiar. But I haven't heard that voice in years.

"Link?"

There it is again! Where is it coming from?

I turn around and see a woman with long brown hair and brown eyes. But it wasn't the voice I was thinking of.

"Link! Help!"

Now she's further away. She was right in front of me a minute ago. What is happening here? I see two shadows, a man's and a woman's. I see that she's being held captive. I see her shadow cowering in fear of a man's shadow holding a knife.

"I'm coming!" I say right before I run in her direction. I keep running towards the shadows but they seem to be getting further away the more I run.

"Help!" I run as fast as I can and then I catch up to the shadows but it's too late. He's holding her limp figure in his hands. He looks at me and then drops her and runs off. I catch her head before it falls on the floor. I realize she's dying. I can't let this happen. Her eyes start to close.

"No, no, no, no! Don't leave me yet!"

"I don't have a choice, Link. I have to go. I can't stay any longer than I already have. It's time for you to move on."

"What? Wh-why?"

"It's time to let me go. I can't live here anymore. I have to move on and so do you."

She closes her eyes and falls limp.

"NOOOOOOOOO!"
*
*
*
*
*
"Noooooo!"

"Woah, woah. Link? What happened?"

"I had a dream that you died in my arms except it wasn't you. It was.... I don't even know who it was. But she looked exactly like you. It was..... Weird... And terrifying."

"Well it was just a dream right?"

"I think so. I mean- you're here so it had to have just been a dream."

"Link, I'm not going anywhere. You have nothing to worry about."

Sarah POV

"Maybe you should try and go back to sleep."

"Yeah. Maybe you're right. I love you."

"I love you too. You know that." I kiss him and then we both fall back asleep.
*
*
*
*
*
"Hey!" He won't listen to me.

"WHAT?!"

"I want to talk about this!"

"Why? You know what you did!"

"No I don't! Please tell me what I did. Explain it to me! I'd love to know!"

"You keep texting that friend of yours. I don't like it!"

"Yes, I keep texting him. He's my friend! He's one of my BEST friends actually."

"You love him, don't you?"

"What?"

"You heard me! You love him! Admit it!"

"Yes I do love him-"

"HA! I KNEW IT!"

"I love him as a friend!"

"Lies! I see the way you look at him. It's more than that!"

"What? No it's not!"

He gets so mad at me that he slaps me across the face.

"Ouch! Hey, what was that for?"

"You deserved it for being dishonest with me."

"Dishonest? What are you talking about? I never cheated on you!"

"Oh bullshit! Then why do you always text him?"

"Because he's a friend! We went over this already!"

He storms out of the room and leaves me in tears. There is only one person I can think of who knows me better than anyone else.

Me: Hi.

Him: Hey. Are you okay?

M: No. Not really.

H: Is there something I can do to help?

M: No. Thanks. Just having you to talk to is enough.

H: Well if you ever need me just text me or call me. I will be there as soon as I can.

M: You're the best.

H: :)

I'm trying to make this work with my boyfriend but he's not the same as he used to be. He's changed...... almost too much and I don't like it. Either he does something about his temper or I'm done.

"Hey babe." He slaps my butt a little too hard.

"Hey. Ouch! Be careful. I told you that hurts."

"I'm sorry. I keep forgetting. It's just so hard to remember what you tell me sometimes."

"Oh so it's okay to remember the things that I do wrong like not do anything for our one year anniversary and have you nag me about it every year since. But if I tell you something I don't like, you just ignore it and do what you want anyway. No. You know what? I don't want to hear any more from you. I'm done. I've given you enough 'second chances' and I don't have any more to give. We're through!"

He walks out of my house and slams the door. That's the last I want to ever see of him.
*
*
*
*
*
I open my eyes and take a deep breath. It was all just a dream. I run my fingers through my hair and I realize the back of my neck and the bottom of my hair is soaked. I must have been sweating in my sleep. My palms and knuckles are also white.

That dream felt so real. It was definitely frustrating. He never did listen to me. I'm glad he's gone. I'm glad I kicked him out of my life in my dream too. I'm perfectly happy with Link. I roll over and wrap my arm around him and burrow my head in his chest. I smile and relax while listening to his heart beating and feeling the relaxing sensation of his chest slowly moving up and down as he breathes. I feel him kiss my head and then I quickly fall back to sleep.