Late Night Thoughts

Link POV

I decided that today would be a good day to call up Christy and see if I can steal Lilly for a little while and get to know her a little better. I dial her number and wait for her to pick up. After the third ring, Christy picks up.

"Hello?"

"Hey Christy! It's Link."

"Oh hey Link. How's it going?"

"It's going good."

"Oh that's great."

"Yeah. Hey do you think I could steal Lilly one day this week?"

"Yeah. Sure. What day were you thinking?"

"Maybe tomorrow? I could introduce her to Rhett and the crew."

"Sure. That sounds like a great idea Link. In fact. Why don't you come get her today and let her stay overnight with you and Sarah. That way you two can talk before you introduce her to everyone else."

"That's a great idea Christy! I just have to tell Sarah and then I'll come get her. See you soon."

I hang up the phone and tell Sarah what's going on. She thinks it's a great idea to have Lilly over so we can get to know her better. I then tell her that I'm going to go get her and she kisses me goodbye and I head out to my car.

Five hours later...

I pull up in front of Christy's house and beep the horn. Lilly comes running out with a bag in hand. She must have all of her stuff with her for the night. Once she gets in the car I wave goodbye to Christy and we head to my house.

"Hey Lilly, what kind of music do you like to listen to?"

"Yours" she says while laughing.

"Other than mine" I say while I roll my eyes at her.

"I like to listen to anything, really."

"Alright." I then put the radio on and we listen to some music.

"So tell me more about yourself. I mean, other than what you've already told me."

"Well, you know that I'm obviously a mythical beast."

"Yes."

"I'm eleven years old and supposed to be in fifth grade but I don't go to public school."

"Oh what do you mean?"

"I'm homeschooled."

"Really?"

"Mmhmm. Mom teaches me some days and then I have a tutor the days that she's at work."

"Oh wow. I never knew that about Christy-uhhh your mother."

"Yeah. She doesn't really talk to many people outside of San Francisco. Hahaha."

We continue our conversation for a little while longer and before I know it, we're at my house. Sarah opens the door and welcomes Lilly with open arms. She gives Lilly a big hug and me a hug and a kiss.

"Ewwww!" I roll my eyes, smirk evilly, and continue kissing Sarah and even dip her to make it more embarrassing for Lilly. I know I'm evil but, Lilly wanted to know me and this is who I am. Once I finish embarrassing Lilly, we sit down, eat dinner, talk and Lilly tells Sarah everything she told me on the way here. It doesn't sound like she has a lot of friends because she's homeschooled. Poor kid. Hopefully she can make some friends here. Maybe I'll introduce her to Rhett's kids one day.

After dinner, we decide to have a little bit of fun. I surprise Lilly with a nerf gun war. I had a few hiding from when Locke and Shepard hang out here. Lilly looks shocked but then chooses the biggest nerf gun we have and starts shooting at me relentlessly. After she destroys me properly, we collapse on the couch. About an hour later I get a brilliant idea. I tell Lilly to get all of the pillows she can find. She nods her head excitedly and does as she is told. Once she comes back with about 10 pillows, we move the coffee table to make a spot in front of the couch in the living room. I tell Sarah and Lilly to get on the couch and I slowly start to build a fort around them with the pillows that Lilly brought. I then run upstairs and get my big comforter off of my bed and drape it over the top of the pillow fort and Lilly and Sarah. I then crawl inside and join my girls.

The three of us then watch an interesting documentary and before I know it, Sarah and Lilly are asleep on the pillows on the floor. I take the comforter and cover us all with it and try to fall asleep myself. That turns out to be harder than I thought it would be.

For some reason, Christy is still in the back of my mind. I don't know why but I can't get her out of my head. Did I make a mistake by letting her go? Did I let her go too soon? I wish I didn't have to go through this. Sarah doesn't even know about this war I'm having with myself. The only person who knows the position I'm in is Rhett. If I could do it all over, I'd do it different. Then maybe I wouldn't be in the position I am today. If I went after Sarah the year that she left, Lilly could have possibly been her daughter. And we could have our own little family started. I mean when I really think about it, Sarah was truly the one for me. I've known her for the first 9 years of my educated life. She lived right around the corner. I wanted to go after her. I loved her. I love her. The other girls were nothing like her. She was always there. Until she wasn't. I let her go. I should've never let her go. So then if Sarah's the one for me why do I keep thinking about Christy? I have got to stop doing this to myself.