For Good

A/N

Hello people. So I was having a little bit of trouble with this chapter and I have no idea why. Oh wait. I do. It's writer's block. Oh joy! I don't think it's one of my best chapters but you be the judge of that hahaha!

~K

Christy POV

When I look at Lilly, all I see is Link. She reminds me so much of him. I remember when he told me that he wanted to name his first daughter Lilly. That's actually why I named her Lilly. Because he told me that the lily was his favorite flower and because when she was born, all I saw and all I could think about was him.

"Christy. I want to tell you something that I've only told one other person...... and it's not Rhett."

"Ummmm okay Link. What's on your mind?"

"When I have a daughter..... I want to name her Lilly."

"Lilly? That's such a pretty name. Any reason why?"

"Yes. The reason why is because ever since I was a kid, my favorite flower has always been a lily."

"Awwwwwwww.... Link! That's so sweet. I'll remember that. But I just have one question."

"And what's that?"

"Who else did you tell that to?"

"Oh....." He looks down at his hands and remains quiet for the next few minutes.

"Link?"

He raises his eyebrows but his eyes remain on his hands.

"You okay?"

He nods his head. "I told that secret to my other best friend. But she moved in our first year of high school." He sounds sad.

"I'm sorry, Link. It sounds like you really cared about her."

He smiles and then looks into my eyes. "Yeah." He chuckles and looks down at his hands again. "I loved her."

"Oh I'm so sorry Link."

"It's okay, Christy. That was in the past. Now, I love you and only you."

He smiles his dorky crooked smile that I love and leans in to kiss me. As he gets closer and closer, my heart is pounding faster and faster. I feel like it could explode out of my chest. When he finally kisses me and our lips meet, I melt into him. Oh every time it's just like the first. Sweet, passionate, gentle, and full of love. I definitely think that we could have a future together.

I found my love in Link. He was my world and I was his. Or at least I thought I was. The day that I found out I was pregnant was both the happiest day of my life and also the most heartbreaking.

"Link! Please! Don't leave! I have something to tell you."

"I don't want to hear it Chris!"

"Why not?! It's important."

"Because I'm done."

"What do you mean?"

"I'm done. I can't let this charade go on any longer."

"What? What are you talking about? What charade?"

"This. Us. I just can't lie to myself any longer." What is he talking about?

"Link, what do you mean?"

"I mean. I'm done. I'm breaking up with you."

"What?"

"I said I'm breaking up with you."

"I heard what you said but... Why?"

"Christy, I love you. You have been great these past couple years but I'm just different. I don't know. I feel different."

"What do you mean by that?"

"I mean that it's time for us to move on. To meet other people."

"H-have you?"

"Yeah. A long time ago. And I think that's why I can't stay with you any longer. I'll be lying to myself if I stayed."

"But what about me? What am I supposed to do?"

"You'll find somebody. I know it."

I started crying. I already found him and he's about to leave me. I can't believe he's doing this.

"Link please stay. Please don't leave me. I don't feel well."

By the time that last sentence came out of my mouth he was already walking away.

"Mom?"

I came back to reality from my own little world to see Lilly worriedly looking at me.

"Why are you crying?" I'm crying? I didn't even realize it. I wiped my cheeks and sniffled.

"Oh just thinking about things."

"Things? Like what?"

"Adult things. You'll understand when you're older."

"Oh.... are you going to be okay?"

"Yeah, Lil. I should be fine." I hope. I hope Lilly never has to go through what I did when her father left me.

I want her to think of him the way she does now, as a great man who loves her and cares about her. I understand that she will eventually have to find out what happened between us and why he is married to another woman but right now, I just want her to enjoy every minute she has with him.

I didn't know who I was before I met him. He changed me in so many ways. He helped me discover who I was. Thank you, Link for coming into my life. You helped me discover myself and learn that I can be anything I want to be. Because I knew you, I have been changed for good.