Trouble

Sarah POV

A few months have passed and things have been going great. Well, most things. Rhett, Link and I were getting along again like we did when we were kids. We were telling each other everything again. However I can't say the same for Brandon and I. We were having heated arguments which never happened before the guys moved to town. This was the worst one of all.

"Brandon!"

"WHAT?!"

"I want to talk about this!"

"Why? You know what you did!"

"No I don't! Please tell me what I did. Explain it to me! I'd love to know!"

"You keep calling that Link guy! I don't like it!"

"Yes, I keep calling him. He's my friend! He's one of my BEST friends actually."

"You love him, don't you?"

"What?"

Why would he think that? Uh Oh. Does he know?

"You heard me! You love him! Admit it!"

"Yes I do love him-"

"HA! I KNEW IT!"

"I love him as a friend!"

"Lies! I see the way you look at him. It's more than that!"

"No it's not! Did you forget that he's married?"

"Newsflash Sarah! He's not married!"

"What?"

"You didn't know?"

"NO! I had no idea! How do you know this anyway?"

"There's no ring on his finger and every time you see him he's always alone. How do you explain that?"

"I-I don't know. I never thought about that. How could you even notice that unless you were looking for it? Were you jealous?"

"I was but I'm not anymore!"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean we're through! I'm leaving. I'm done!"

"No! You don't mean that! Brandon please!"

"I can't do this anymore. Not now that I know you don't love me like you love him!"

"I'm begging you Brandon. Please don't leave me! I love you."

"It seems like you love him more!"

"But-"

"You have to make a choice! Either me or him!"

"What kind of choice is that?"

"Figure it out for yourself! I'm outta here!" He slams the door on his way out.

"Brandon!" I scream while practically sobbing at this point.

Link POV

Jessie's away for the weekend so it's just Rhett and the boys, Locke and Shepard. I went over to hang out with them for the day. The boys were watching TV and Rhett and I were just talking on his couch. Out of nowhere I hear a door slam and screaming. That does not sound good.

"Hey Rhett. Did you hear that?"

"Hear what?"

"A door slam."

I walk to the window.

"No. Did you?"

"Yeah. I did."

I look out the window and I see Brandon race down Sarah's driveway in a fit of rage. He gets in his car and drives off.

"It came from Sarah's house across the street. I'm gonna go check on her to see if she's okay."

"Oh. Okay. Do you want me to come with?"

"No. I think I can talk to her myself Rhett."

"Okay. I'll be here if ya need me. Just don't do anything stupid."

"Okay Rhett. Whatever" I say with a laugh as I head across the street to Sarah's house.

When I get to her house her door is unlocked so I walk in. It looks like a war zone. Pictures were broken, papers were everywhere. It really was a disaster.

"Sarah?" I wait. No answer.

"Sarah?" I walk into the house further and I hear quiet, muffled sobs coming from the bedroom. I walk into the room and see her body draped over the bed like a sheet.

"Oh Sarah, what happened?" I ask as I sit beside her and rub her back with my hand.

Sarah POV

I hear someone call my name but I don't feel like answering. I'm too upset to talk to anybody. Then I feel the bed move as someone sat down next to me. I didn't bother looking up. I had no desire to move let alone talk to anybody. I continue to sob when I hear "Oh Sarah, what happened?" followed by a sigh and a hand rubbing my back slowly. I look up at two sad blue eyes hidden behind tortoise shell frames.

I gasp "Link!" Why did it have to be Link? He is the last person I want to talk to right now. Especially after what Brandon said about him. But he was the only one there that would actually listen to me. I sit up and curl into a ball on the bed next to Link. I put my head on his shoulder, close my eyes and sniffle. He asks me what happened and why he saw Brandon leave in such a huff. I told him that we got into a fight and he left. I didn't tell him what the fight was about. Maybe I will one day.

I can't help but think to myself "what if Brandon was right about him?" I open my eyes, look down and see he's holding my hand in his with our fingers interlocked. I look at his hand and notice that he isn't wearing a ring on his finger. And now that I think about it he doesn't really talk about anybody special at all.

"Hey Link?"

"Yeah?"

"This is sort of a weird question but did you ever get married?"

"No. I never did."

"Oh. Why not?"

"I just haven't found the right girl yet."

"Oh. Do you think you'll ever find her?"

"I have a feeling I will." I smile at the thought of this. I have no idea why though. I close my eyes again and let my body relax as I slowly fall asleep on his shoulder. Link really knows how to calm me down. Just being there for me is enough. Even though I didn't think I needed it, he was there for me.