Disaster

Sarah POV

About a week has passed since Link disappeared on me Sunday morning and came back that afternoon looking stressed and also confused.

Link and I just finished going to a movie with Lily. She really is a sweet kid. I see she gets her sense of humor from her father. Like father, like daughter I guess. We are about to drop off Lily at Christy's house since we had her for the weekend. I'm so glad Christy agreed to have this arrangement. I didn't think I would like it at first but Lily is so darn cute and she reminds me so much of Link that I have to love her. I love her almost as much as Link.... almost.

We soon pull up to Christy's house and say goodbye to Lily.

"Bye Lil! See you in two weeks!" I say to Lily as I hug her goodbye. I then wait until Link tucks her in and says goodbye to Christy. About twenty minutes later Link comes out of the house with a smile on his face.

"What story did you read her tonight?"

"I read her some of a Series of Unfortunate Events book. She has pretty much all of them. I'm sure she can get through them. She's a pretty bright kid."

"Ya know Link, we should have a child of our own. I mean... You're already very good with Lily and you haven't really been a father that long. What do you think?"

"Hmmmmm.... I guess I need to think about that" Link says with a smirk. "We could start now" he says as he's passionately kissing me at a red light.

We both laugh I roll my eyes and turn my head to look out the window. Link looks over at me and smiles. He doesn't know this but I can see him smile at me in the reflection of my window. I smile back at him. Then, everything goes black.

Link POV

I could be a father. Technically I already am. Lilly is great. Christy said that Lilly really loves me so I must have done something right. Once I finish reading Lilly the story, I say goodbye to Christy and to Lilly. I then get back in my car and Sarah and I go back home.

In the car, Sarah starts to ask me about what I read to Lilly. I told her that we read more of A Series of Unfortunate Events tonight. Lilly seems to enjoy them even though they are a little scary and creepy at times. They remind me of the Harry Potter series in a way. Both series seem to get darker and darker with every novel added to the series. It's interesting.

I heard Sarah say "Ya know Link, we should have a child of our own. I mean... You're already very good with Lily and you haven't really been a father that long. What do you think?"

What do I think? Am I really ready to be a full-time father? What will happen? What if I screw up? Will the kid still love me and want me to be a part of their life? I hope so.

I try to make it look like I'm not worried so I say "hmmmmmm.... I guess I need to think about that." I then start to fool around with Sarah in the front seat of the car at a red light. She rolls her eyes at me and looks out the window. I see the light has changed so I step on the gas. She doesn't think I can see it but I see her reflection in the window. I look over at her and smile at her. She smiles too. Then everything goes black.

Not my brightest move. Actually more like the biggest and worst mistake I ever made.

Third Person POV

What Sarah and Link didn't know was that there was a truck heading in their direction on the wrong side of the road. It hits them dead on and they swerve out of control and stop on the side of the road. The driver of the truck is injured. So are Link and Sarah. All three of them are unconscious. Soon someone drives by and sees their car on the side of the road almost completely destroyed. The driver gets out of the car and walks over to the location of Link's car. He then sees that there are people inside it..... unconscious people. He dials 9-1-1 and calls for an ambulance to come and pick up the couple he sees in the car along with the driver of the truck.

The paramedics arrive shortly after and take Link and Sarah to the hospital in the emergency vehicle. The police ask the bystander a ton of questions and he answers them as best he can. Soon Link and Sarah arrive at the ER and are wheeled in to be examined.