Memories

Link POV

It's almost Christmas and Sarah and I want to go back to North Carolina to go see my parents. They love the fact that I married her. My mother always loved Sarah. It'll be good for them to see each other again.

We packed our belongings for the two weeks that Christmas and New Year's fall between and headed towards the airport. It'll be good to go back home and be with my family.  I love Rhett and his family but sometimes a few weeks apart is good.

What Sarah doesn't know is that we're stopping by to say hello to her parents as well. Even though she's never told me, I know that her parents were buried in the Lillington cemetery in North Carolina. Rhett told me a while ago. I can't remember exactly how long. Even though Sarah never talked about them or where they were, I always knew. I wonder why she never went home to visit them. I have to ask her. I'll ask her when we get there. First we should say hello to my parents because they're still around and I'm sure my mom would love to see us.

Sarah POV

I'm sitting in the window seat of the plane, looking at the clouds as they pass. I wish I could sleep but something is bothering me. I'm so nervous to talk to his parents again. I really haven't seen them in over a year. So much has happened since then.

I also wish my parents were still alive. It would be so nice for them to see Link again after all these years. Especially now since we're married. I remember what my mom said about Link the first day she met him....

"Well hello Sarah. Who's this?"

"This is my friend, Link."

"Uh.. Charles, ma'am. My middle name is Lincoln."

"Yeah but Lincoln's too hard to say all the time. I like Link." He chuckled and his face turned red.

"Well hello Link. It's nice to see that Sarah made a friend."

"Yeah. I like her. I think we're gonna be friends forever."

He smiled and I laughed, his cheeks still red. We then went up to my room and played games until it was time for him to go home. He gave me a hug goodbye and then said goodbye to my mother.

Link POV

I see that Sarah has fallen asleep. She's so beautiful. I can't shake this feeling that I might lose her one day. I'm just glad I found her after all these years. I will never forget the day I thought I lost her forever.

"Hello, Mr. Lane. Is Sarah home?"

"Why yes, Link she is. But she's packing. We have to leave in a few hours."

"Okay. Thank you sir."

He nodded and I made my way to her room.

I found her laying on her bed with tears in her eyes.

"What's wrong, Sarah?"

"I just don't want to leave Link. You and Rhett are my everything. I don't know what I'm gonna do without you guys."