Hi, Mom. Hi, Dad.

A/N

Okay. I couldn't wait until tomorrow to publish this. I tried. So hard.... but I just can't. I'm too excited about this chapter to wait any longer.

Sarah POV

A few hours later, we land. The flight just seemed to go by so fast. I can't wait to see his parents again. I miss them. I miss them almost as much as I miss my parents. When we land and grab our bags, we get a rental car and head towards Lillington. Link says he has a surprise for me but I have to wait until Christmas before I find out what it is. Oh well. I guess I could just focus on his mother and father for now.

Link POV

When we pull up to my mother's house she immediately greets us with open arms. She asks Sarah how she's been because they haven't talked in a while. Actually, the last time I even saw my mom was our wedding last year. She was so happy for us.

After Sarah and my mother reacquaint themselves, we go unpack for the few days that we're here. Once we're done unpacking, it's time for dinner. I smell the fried chicken and smashed potatoes from our  bedroom. It smells like heaven.

"Mmmmmmm that smells good."

"I know that scent from a mile away. Mom's making chicken."

"Wow."

"Come on. Let's go eat."

"Oooo great! I'm starved!"

We both laugh as we walk into the dining room to eat dinner. Once we finish eating, we talk with my mother some more and then go to our room to sleep because of the long day we had. A few days pass by and everything is pretty normal. Sarah and I would wake up in the morning, go out with my mother and then come back that night exhausted and ready for bed.

The next morning, I wake up early and tell my mother what I'm doing. I tell her that I'm taking Sarah to the cemetery to maybe get some closure for her. I don't think she ever really got over the death of her parents. Even if it was a long time ago. Things like that shouldn't be bottled up inside. They need to be overcome, not suppressed.

I go back to our bedroom with two mugs of coffee in my hands. When walk into the bedroom, Sarah is already sitting up and going through her emails. I hand her the cup of coffee and she takes it as she smiles at me. Once we finish our coffee, I tell her that I have a little surprise for her today. I hope she doesn't take it the wrong way.

I tell my mother we're leaving and she says goodbye. We go to the car and get in.

Sarah POV

Where is he taking me? Ugh... I wish he would give me some sort of clue or something. Why does he have to be so secretive all the time?

All I know is we're going on a drive but I have no idea where. It's driving me crazy! Once he starts the car, he tells me to close my eyes. Why? I don't know but I do as I am told. I roll my eyes and shake my head even though he can't see it. About twenty minutes later, he stops driving. He turns the car off, gets out, and opens my door. He tells me to unbuckle my seat belt and then takes my hand leading me out of the car.

When I get out of the car, I smell grass and flowers. He takes me walking for a while and then stops. He makes me turn to my left and then holds my hand. He whispers "open your eyes" in my ear. I do and I can't believe what I see.

Link POV

I turn to look at Sarah who's mouth is wide open in shock.

"Why did you bring me here?"

"Because I felt like you needed closure. You didn't talk about your parents that much and I knew where they were buried. You haven't been acting yourself lately and I think it's because of what happened. I know you lost your parents too quickly. They should still be here now with you. Sometimes life is unfair but you just have to pick up the pieces and try and put your life back together. You have to get over this. That is the only way you can be happy and yourself again."

"I-I..... wow Link. I never.... I never knew you.... I don't even know what to say to that."

"Please try and do this? I know you've been avoiding it ever since they left."

"Ummmmmm........"

"Please? I would say for me but I really don't need this. You do. Do it for yourself. You owe it to yourself to have some closure."

"...........O-Okay." Her voice is shaky. She sounds like she's about to cry. She kneels down in front of her parents' gravestone and tears start coming from her eyes.

Sarah POV

I don't know if I can do this but here it goes.

"Hi, Mom..... Hi, Dad."

Link POV

She sniffles and continues while still kneeling in front of the gravestone.

"I miss you guys... terribly. Ever since you left my life has not been the same. I became depressed and kind of an outsider. The only person who really ever talked to me was Maddie. Eventually I got myself a boyfriend but that took a while. He reminded me a lot of you, Dad. Unfortunately he didn't last long because things just didn't work out that way." She stands up, laughed and took my hand. She said "Link found me again." As she said that last word, she looked at me and smiled. "Oh Dad, you would be so happy if you saw us today. And Mom, I found my prince. He was there all along. You told me that things would work out if it was meant to be and they did. I am so happy. I guess I just wanted to tell you guys that I love you and I miss you. I miss you both very  much. I think the reason I haven't been here was because I felt so upset that you two had to leave so soon. I'm sorry. I hope you forgive me."

"I promise that I will take good care of her.... for as long as I live. You two don't have to worry about a thing." I wrap my arm around her, still holding her hand. She hugs my arm and sniffles. I kiss the top of her head and rest my chin on top of her head. We stay there for a little while longer until she breaks the silence.

"Thanks for this, Link. How did you know I needed this?"

"I just knew."

Sarah POV

After we get back home from the cemetery, I feel like a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. I can finally enjoy the rest of this vacation. Thanks Link. You really helped me heal. I love you for that..... and so much more.