He Will Never Cease to Amaze Me

Sarah POV

Link has decided to take me on a date tonight. It is Friday night after all. I hope he doesn't go overboard like he did for our anniversary. I have to admit, it definitely was a surprise.... and I did enjoy it.... very much. He told me to get dressed up fancy. I wonder why.

Link POV

We do not have Lilly this weekend which is good. I don't want her to ruin the surprise I have for Sarah. I do love Lilly but she can stay with her mother this weekend. I think Christy would understand.

"Hey Sarah, you ready to go?" I ask through the bathroom door.

"Mmmhm. Just give me one second."

"Okay. But hurry up. We're gonna be late."

I hear a sigh as she comes out of the bathroom. "How do I look?"

"Gorgeous." She's wearing a nice short red dress and heels. Her hair is also curled beautifully. I can't help but stare. I am a lucky man.

"You think so?"

I just nod my head and she closes my mouth with her hand as she grabs her sweater next to me. We leave the house a few minutes later and make our dinner reservation. When we get there she seems surprised.

"Link, this is the same place as our wedding anniversary a few months ago."

"Yes it is, my love." I nod my head and smile as we sit down. We then order similar dishes to what we had the last time we were here and enjoy them. Once we are finished, I take Sarah on a walk like last time. I loop my arm and she wraps her arm around it as we're walking. She places her head on my shoulder and sighs.

"Whatcha thinking about?"

"How'd you know I was thinking about something?"

"Because I know you. Whenever you sigh like that, you're thinking about something."

"Alright. You caught me. I was thinking about you."

"Oh?" I stop and turn to face her "What about me?"

"Just how much I love you."

Sarah POV

He smiles his crooked smile that makes my knees weak and I can't get enough of. It's contagious and I smile, blush a little, and look at our feet. He lifts my head up with his and our lips meet as I melt into his kiss. This happens every time and I can never get enough of it.

I smile when we part and we continue walking down the street. We come to the same gazebo that we were at on our anniversary. When we get there, we stop and he bows, lifts his head and offers his hand to me with a cliche "care to dance?"

"But there's no music" I say with a little chuckle. He's so corny it's adorable. He then gets his phone out of his pocket and starts to play one of my favorite songs.

He then bows again, winks at me, and offers his hand with a "How bout now?"

I laugh and take his hand. He gently pulls me in and places his other hand on the small of my back. I can't help but smile while I look into his eyes. I love those blue eyes. I know they're small but they're a big part of what makes me happy and I will never forget them.

"Hey Sarah! Would my  princess like a dance with a REAL prince?"

"And who are you Prince Charles?"

"Why, yes. Exactly." His crooked grin returns to his face.

He takes my hand and pulls me towards him. He then bows and offers his hand for me to take. I take it and he looks up at me while still bent over, grinning.

He takes my right hando in his left and wraps his right arm around my waist. He then twirls me and dips me, I come up and then he kisses me. He looks right into my eyes while smiling. This isn't any old smile though. This is an "I will love you forever" smile. Just a natural, happy smile that speaks louder than any words ever will.

Third Person POV

Sarah looks right back in his eyes and thinks to herself "I'm falling in love with him all over again."

"Charles Lincoln Neal III, you never cease to amaze me."

Sarah has a smile as wide as her cheeks will allow and so does he.

"Well should I stop?" Link says with a smirk.

"No keep going. I love being amazed by you. It's the best feeling in the world."

Sarah laughs. They then continue dancing in the park's gazebo and lose track of time. Before they know it, it's time to go back home. Link takes Sarah's hand and walks with her hand in hand back to their car. They get back home and get ready for bed.

"Tonight was amazing, Link" Sarah says as she takes off her dress and gets her nightgown on.

"Good. Just as I had planned" Link says with a smirk as he takes his dress pants and dress shirt off. Both Link and Sarah then get into bed and continue talking until they both fall asleep peacefully.

Link POV

I wake up early in the morning to my phone. I received a text. It was from Christy. It read "We need to talk."