Chapter 1

Her POV:

5 years,

1,825+ days,

2,628,000+ minutes,

You get the point, don't you? I've gone so long without him.

Him.

The one who left me. He left me before I could even tell him about our child. Our sweet, precious 5 year old child.

Correction; my sweet, precious 5 year old. Delaney Grace Malik. Yes, she kept his last name. No matter how much hatred I have towards him, he still is her father. Little does he even know...

Plus, with his last name, it has a nice ring. Unlike mine. Both of mine actually. Yes, I have two last names..kind of, sort of. It's confusing, really. Maybe I should explain.

From the beginning, yeah?

So, Zayn and I are--erm, were childhood best friends. Cliché, I know. Anyways, we grew up together. My mother and his father worked together. We'd spend every waking minute together. We had sleepovers every weekend. He was there for me, he always was.

Once we got to the age of 13, our hormones started changing, and we started to fall for each other; fall in love. At the age of 14, we decided to start a relationship together. We went on for 2 years. Two strong, amazing years. Then we made love. I felt closer to him, I thought we'd be together forever. How stupid of me, how immature.

I didn't even know what I did wrong! One day, he just left without warning. Nothing at all. I didn't even know what happened to him. Did he die? Run away? I didn't know!

I called him and called him. He didn't even have to decency to answer, or even leave a message.

I waited, days, weeks, months for him to show up. To tell me how sorry he was for leaving me. To tell me everything would be okay.

I waited, days, weeks, months to tell him about our child.

The day I found out I was pregnant was the same day he didn't respond to any of my messages. I went to his house and spoke with his parents. They said he moved away.

First of all, I was beyond confused. What the hell? You don't just leave and not tell your girlfriend/best friend! That is messed up!

Second, I was angry. I was so angry. Why? Is all I could ask. Why did he leave?

I didn't tell his parents I was pregnant. I was beyond scared and hurt that Zayn had left.

To this day, I am glad I didn't tell them because later on, I found out they lied. He didn't move away.

Well, he sort of did.

One day, I was changing the tv channels until I stopped on a strange channel.

He, him. He was standing on a stage with a microphone singing. I was so fucking confused. I didn't even know what to do! So I sat and watched him perform.

He's very good. I always knew he would go far in the music industry. He sang for me all the time.

But I didn't know that he would leave me for it.

All the judges said yes and he made it on this show called The XFactor. As angry as I was, I was proud of him. His dream was blooming.

From there on, I watched Xfactor. He was cut from the show until Simon brung him and four other guys back. He put them in a group who are now known as One Direction.

Aka the biggest boy-band in the history of boy-bands. It's crazy to think that I dated him.

Which I regret. Asshole.