Chapter 33

HEY GUYS I HAVE AN IMPORTANT QUESTION. SINCE MOST OF YOU DONT READ MY AUTHORS NOTES AT THE END IM WRITING A QUICK QUESTION HERE:

****WOULD IT BOTHER YOU IF THE CHAPTER AFTER THIS ONE SKIPPED 5 MONTHS AHEAD AND WE GO FROM THERE?

COMMENT^^

_________________________________________

Ariana's POV:

"Can we talk about it now?" Zayn asked. We're sitting with Delaney on the couch while she watches spongebob. I look at him who is beside me and nod.

"Baby, we will be right back, okay?" I said to our daughter. She nods but keeps her eyes on the TV.

Zayn and I stand up and walk into the kitchen. I lean against the counter and look at him.

"I just- I had a dream about something that breaks my heart." He said sadly. He steps closer to me so that our chests touch. He pulls me into him and wraps his arms around me.

"What was it about?" I pouted, feeling back for how this dream is making him feel.

He doesn't respond, he just presses his lips to mine. I automatically wrap my arms around his neck and he places his hands on my hips. He surprises me by lifting me and placing me on the counter.

His lips taste of toothpaste and ... Cigarettes. I thought he had stopped because I haven't smelt smoke in a few weeks. I pull away.

"Zayn, have you been smoking again?" I asked sternly. Panic is obvious in his eyes and I cross my arms.

"I never actually quit." He admitted sheepishly. "I would always make sure you didn't smell it so you'd think that. How'd you know?"

"Your lips taste like them." I said, upset. "Zayn, those can harm you! Not only you but Delaney and I."

"I know." His face flashes with embarrassment. "It's not easy to stop, babe. In fact, it's one of the worst habit breakers."

"Did you just smoke?" I asked.

"Yeah. Before I came in here earlier I was outside. Then I brushed my teeth." He said while frowning. "Are you mad?"

"No I'm just a little disappointed." I said. "Now tell me about the dream that we came in here to talk about."

"It's not important anymore since you're disappointed." He replied, childishly. I give him a look and he looks away.

"Zayn, just tell me." I said, sighing.

"No, I think I'm just going to go watch cartoons with Laney." He said and turns around. I let him walk out of the kitchen without stopping him.

I hop off of the counter and decide to call Delaney's pediatrician. I grab my phone off the counter and search through my contacts until I find Dr. Rodgers.

I press call and after two rings, he answers.

"Hello, Ariana." He greeted. He's our personal pediatrician. Of course he has other clients but he's who I call for Delaney. Most times he comes to our house to check on her unless it's major.

"Hey Dr. Rodgers. I have a question." I said. "Delaney had been having accidents in her pants- only pee but it's shocking since she's been potty trained for two years. I didn't know if she was sick or whatever."

"It's common for kids to have accidental accidents for a few years- even after being fully trained." He explained. "But is she peeing because she doesn't want to get up to go to the bathroom or can she not hold it in?"