Chapter 19

Ariana's POV:

"Merry Christmas, Ariana." My mother walks in the door of my house and I help her carry some packages. I smile and peck her cheek.

"Thanks mom. But it's only Christmas Eve. You know how much it bugs me when people say Merry Christmas before it's even Christmas.." I replied and she grins at me, bringing me into a warm motherly hug.

"That's exactly why I said it." She said, laughing and I roll my eyes. She's a ornery one, that's for sure. I carry the gifts she brought over to the tree and place them under it.

This year I'm hosting my very own Christmas party. Because of how huge my house is(I say this in the most humble way possible), I'm inviting quite a lot of people and having them staying my guest rooms I have reserved for something like this.

My mother is obviously attending, along with my grandparents, my brother, my best friend Lexi and her family, Jeanette is coming with her family, the rest of One Direction are visiting for a little while, and last but not least, Zayn is bringing his sisters and parents. I haven't been more scared in my entire life.

They still don't know I'm Ariana and not Cassandra. Zayn said I could tell them when they get there. All they know is that Zayn is taking them on a trip to Los Angeles(here) for Christmas. I wonder if his sisters are fans of me.. That would be ironically hilarious. I've known them my whole life.

I'm most afraid of how his parents will react. I'm sure they will be as angry as Zayn was and that's what I'm afraid of. I hope they don't hate me. They don't even know about Delaney. I just wish none of this happened. But it technically isn't all my fault so it shouldn't be too bad. Everything is slightly sliding back into place and it's making me a happier person.

"Mommy! mommy!" I'm taken out of my thoughts when my daughter comes running to me. I smile down at her and lift her up in my arms. She automatically wraps her legs around my waist and smiles.

"Santa is coming tonight!" She cheers, excitement clear in her eyes. I peck my beautifully adorable daughters forehead.

"He sure is, sweet pea. But do you know what that means?" I asked and she gives me a confused look. "You have to be a good girl, okay? No whining or misbehaving."

"Okay! I promise!" She smiles and looks behind me. A gasp leaves her lips. "Are those for me?"

I look at the bunch of presents under the tree. I laugh at her excitement just by seeing them wrapped. "Some of them are, babe. Tomorrow you get to open them."

"That's too far away!" She said, giggling. I peck her lips lightly and she giggles even more.

"I can't believe my baby girl is 6 years old." I said, and I suddenly feel old. She grins at me and nods.

"I was 5 only days ago!" She points out. She just turned 6 a week or so ago. We celebrated her birthday with Zayn and my mother. Then we had a little party with her and some of her friends.

"You're getting old." I said, laughing, laying her on the couch. I start tickling her and she bursts into fits of laughter. Nothing can make Christmas Eve any better than a happy family. Especially a happy daughter.

"Mommy!" She giggles as I tickle under her chin. She scrunches her chin down, trying to get me to move my hand, but I don't budge.

When she starts to breathe hard, I know it's time to stop. When I pull away, she coughs and I grow worried. "Do you need your inhaler?"

She nods, shyly and I quickly find it out of my purse that's on the other end of the couch. I grab it out and hand it to her. She takes a puff and hands it back. I place it back in the bag and rush back over to her.