Chapter 10

Ariana's POV:

"Please! I didn't know what to do!" His milky brown eyes are filled with terror.

"You--" I started but I yank my unconscious daughter out of his hands first.

"You inconsiderate bastard!" I shouted, glaring him directly in the eyes.

"Frankie, get her medicine, hurry!" I yelled from the doorway.

"Is she here?!"

"Yes, please hurry! She's unconscious!"

I carry my daughter to the living room and lay her on the couch. I can feel Zayn's presents but I don't look because I have no idea what I'll do.

"Delaney!" I shake her. My stomach begins to hurt and my eyes water.

"Mom!" I yelled, shakily.

Within seconds she comes running in from the kitchen along with my brother who has her medication. When mom sees Zayn, she narrows her eyes at him for a split second before focusing on my sick daughter and I.

"Here it's all ready!" Frankie hands me the shot.

"What are you doing?" Zayn exclaimed.

"Helping my daughter! What does it look like?!" I snapped.

"Only doctors give shots! You have no experience. You'll hurt her!" He runs by my side.

Is he serious?

"She has severe asthma, Zayn. You stole her so she didn't get the chance to take her shots yesterday and this morning! I have been giving this shot to her for many years now! I am trained and this is a daily routine!" I yelled, after pushing the needle through the skin in her arm. I quickly push the liquid into her and pull out the needle.

Zayn stares at me, stunned by what I just said to him.

"She usually wakes up within minutes after taking the shot," I remind Frankie and he nods. I stand onto my feet, right next to Zayn.

"I didn't know she was asthmatic," Zayn said, softly.

"We will just be right back," My mother takes Frankie into the kitchen, leaving us alone with an unconscious Delaney.

"That's because you're an idiot! You don't just take my daughter! I could call the cops on you!" I yelled, throwing my hands in the air.

"But you won't," He reminded me.

"You're such an ass!" I shouted.

"I didn't know she was sick in that way Cassandra! I'm sorry! Its your fault for not telling me sooner!" He, once again, blames me for his mistakes.

I cannot believe him!

"There you go again!" I yelled, stepping closer to him.

"What?" He scoffed.

"Blaming me for all your damn mistakes!" I push his chest, hard. He stumbles back but catches his balance before glaring at me.

"I do not! This is your fault!" He backs away from me.

"God you're such a fuck up!" I cursed, feeling proud for sticking up to him.

"You're a little-"

I fill the space between my hand and his cheek, making a loud clap sound ring this room, ringing it into complete silence.

"Leave!" I shouted, pointing towards the door.

"No! She's just as much of a daughter to you, as she is to me!" His voice is so loud and raspy as he tries to ignore what I just did to his face.