Chapter 53

Zayn's POV:

I watched Ariana's actions as we walked through the hospital doors and into the lobby. Her cheeks have slightly paled and her forehead has creases from the way she's scrunching her eyebrows. Delaney stands in between the two of us and curiously looks around with a pinch of worry on her face. I place a hand on her shoulder and gently rub it, telling her it's okay without speaking a word.

Everyone's mostly silent except for the occasional whispers between my mum and dad. The chattering between others in the lobby is quiet. It's fairly empty but then again it's a morning.

Harry and Lexi stayed back at home. Lexi's morning sickness was worse than normal, again. I don't know why she didn't come and get herself checked out.

My mum walks in front of us and over to the desk where a lady sits behind a glass window. She and dad check us in.

Waliyha walks up from behind me and to my side. She wears a sad expression and I give her a small smile, hoping to get a different expression from her. But I don't.

"She's going to be okay, Wal." I said, searching her eyes. She gives me a look of disgust and it stuns me.

"How the hell do you know that Zayn?" She asked, an angry tone rolls off her tongue.

I slightly narrow my eyes at my little sister. "Because she will be okay. How the fuck is saying she isn't going to be okay going to help her any more?"

She turns away from me with her eyebrows bushed together and arms crossed. I stare at her for a few seconds before walking over to Ariana who is leaning against a chair with Delaney close to her side.

Something rises in my stomach when I see the two of them so close. I swallow this odd feeling and walk over to them? Why am I feeling this way?

When I stand in front of my girlfriend, I take one of her hands into mine and I kiss her knuckles. She half smiled but it leaves as fast as it arrived.

I release her hand and it falls against her leg like a noodle. "You haven't spoken a word to anyone since we got here."

She shrugged. "I'm tired I guess."

"You don't have to lie to me. I know you so well." I said, my tone soft.

A gentle round of thunder roars outside and Delaney jumps. Ariana pulls her closer to her side, rubbing her arm in comfort.

"I'm not lying. I'm honestly exhausted." She replied, sounding irritable like yesterday.

"I know." I responded. She looks up at me instead of her shoes. "Thank you for coming with me. I know this is hard for you. It's hard for me too. That's why I wanted you to come so I could have you with me."

She nodded. "I know. I'll always be there for you when I can." I smile a little.

Delaney looks up at me curiously when I glanced at her. I send her a smile too, hoping it will lift her spirits of being here.

She sighs and blows hair from her forehead, crossing her eyes in the process. I send her a wink and she smiles.

"Can you do me a favor munchkin?" I kneeled down to her height.

She tilts her head to the side. "Like what?"

"Go over to Waliyha and Safaa and cheer them up a bit?" I questioned. She looks over at them and then back to me. She nodded. "Thank you baby girl." I kiss her forehead and then she walks over to them.

I kneel back up and look at Ariana again. She half smiles at me as I bring her into my chest and hug her. "I love you."

"I love you." She responded, humming into my chest. I rub her back and hold her tightly.