Chapter 38

Ariana's POV:

When we make it back to my place, my mom is already leaning against the wall by the front door. She looks at us and breathes a sigh of relief.

"I thought I might have had to take Delaney with me to get grandpa." She said walking to us as we walk in. "He was released a half our ago and isn't feeling good."

"Sorry mom." I said feeling bad. "The weather isn't so good out there so please be careful."

She nodded. "I will. I'll see you soon. I'm sure grandpa will be happy to see you sweetheart." I smile and peck her cheek. "By the way, I'd stay a few feet away from Del. She's been cranky all evening."

I roll my eyes. "When isn't she?"

Mom smiles. "When she gets what she wants. She's on the couch watching Frozen."

"Doesn't that movie get old?" Zayn asked from beside me. "I've seen it like seventeen times with her and it's quite annoying."

"It's a cute movie but yeah, it's annoying." She replied to him with a smile. "I should get going."

"Okay. See you soon. Drive safe please." I begged with a pleading smile.

"You betcha." She smiles and walks out the door. When it shuts behind her, I mentally pray that the weather calms down for a while so she can make it home safe with grandpa.

"You're a good daughter, you know?" Zayn told me with a smile. I smile up at him as he places a hand on my hip and pulls me into him. "And girlfriend. You know, when you're not being bitchy."

I look up at him wide eyed and smack his chest playfully. "Jerk."

He laughs. "It's true."

"Whatever." I walked away from him and it makes him laugh even more. What a beautiful sound that is.

"It's hot actually. As much as I hate when we fight, I think it's hot how you stand up for yourself." He said and I feel his hands slither around my hips from behind. "It's sexy as a matter of fact."

I smile and laugh a little bit when he squeezes my hips lightly. "But do you wanna know something?"

"Hm?" I murmured quietly.

"You're the most beautiful girl in the whole world." He pecks my cheek from behind. I turn around and smile up him.

He leans down and kisses my lips. I relax my entire body and completely mold onto him as he uses his hands to push me closer to him.

I cup his cheeks and control the kissing. He nibbles on my bottom lip and I open my mouth, granting him my tongue. Yes, he does taste of cigarettes but I do my best to ignore that- especially since he was just so angry and told me he smoked a whole pack today.

That thought sickens me but I've learned to keep that to myself to spare his feelings.

"Mommy? Daddy? Are ya kissin'?" Delaney's voice comes from a few feet distance. Zayn and I part from each other and look at the couch.

Delaney's head is in our sight and I can see curiosity in her innocent eyes. I smile, walk over to her, and Zayn follows. I take a seat on the couch next to her and Zayn sits on my other side.

"Yeah, we were kissing." I told her. She scrunches her eyebrows up as she thinks for a moment and eyes both Zayn and I.

"Do you think daddy could kiss me like that?"

Zayn and I exchange looks before bursting into laughter. Of course Delaney is so innocent and doesn't understand but that was so inappropriately hilarious.