Chapter 22

Ariana's POV:

"Ariana!" I hear my mother shout up the stairs. I finish putting brownish red lipstick on and go out into the hallway.

"Yes?"

"Hurry up, sweetie. Everyone is ready to go now." She said and I shout back a quick okay before grabbing my purse and slipping on my heels.

I flatten out my dress that stops at my feet and take one last look in the mirror. With a nod, I walk out and down the stairs to where my mother, daughter, and Zayn are. Zayn is on his phone so I cough to get his attention. His eyes meet mine for a second and they widen. His eyes travel down my body and I can't help but feel a shiver run down my spine.

"You look beautiful sweetie. I have to go now, I'm riding with Tricia." My mom kisses my cheek before walking to the front door and out it. I guess everyone has already went out to their cars.

"Holy- wow. What- oh my god." Zayn stutters, wrapping his arms, wimply around my waist. I shyly smile up at him, unwrapping his arms from my waist. "You look stunning."

"Thank you. You look really good, too." I said, staring at his freshly shaved face. His quiff looks nice and he smells of cologne. His body fits his tux perfectly and the white under shirt suits it all nicely.

"That dress.." He groaned, the corner of his lips turning up. "I really hate to say this but you may end up winning this bed of ours."

"Ha! I know, right?" I said, giggling softly. He rolls his chocolatey brown, sparkly eyes at me and grabs my hand. I watch him lace our fingers tightly and my heart warms.

"Lets go, shall we?" He raises his eyebrows and I nod. "I'm driving us, Delaney is riding with Frankie."

"Okay, she hasn't dirtied her outfit yet, has she?" I asked, nervously. She is wearing a bright red dress and little black flats. Knowing her, shes really good at ruining outfits.

"I'm pretty sure she didn't. Hopefully she hasn't." He said, grinning. "By the way, love... I really like your hair half up, half down and curled. It suits you very nicely."

--

Zayn has made sure to keep his distance from me since we arrived at the restaurant. We never know when paparazzi are around so we didn't want to risk them finding out. Yeah, they're going to spread rumors that we are dating, but that's nothing new. There has been plenty of that since he and I were spotted together for the first time. And besides, if we don't give them any good evidence that we are dating, then they won't have a firm logic to backup their accusation.

"Mommy, sit by me!" Delaney pulls on my dress and my cheeks burn up. This dress is strapless and it nearly showed my chest. Zayn smirks at me and I roll my eyes. "Delaney, babe, don't pull on my dress, please. And I will sit by you."

"Okay sorry mommy." She said, taking my hand in her small one. I smile down at her and she drags me to the table where Harry stands, speaking with a women who has many of the same features as he does. That must be his mother.

"Mum, this is Ariana. Ariana, this is mum." Harry smiles, charmingly. She brings me into a warm hug and I know I already love her. Delaney lets go of my hand and goes over to Niall.

"Harry decided to drag us out here to America for Christmas this year and I thought it'd be nice to meet you, your friends, and family while we are here since we have heard so much about you, Zayn, and your little one." She smiles as we pull away. I really love her accent. "My name is Anne."

"Its really nice to meet you, Anne. Thank you for inviting us to this lovely restaurant for dinner." I said, smiling.

"Its my pleasure, love. Gemma, my daughter, and I thought since we weren't home for Christmas, that we'd get to know some new people." She replied, and used her hands to gesture a girl, who must be Gemma, to come over to us. "This is Gemma, Gemma, this is Ariana."