Chapter 29

Ariana's POV:

Too many things are running through my mind as I stare at Zayn in disbelief. Is he serious? Why does everyone think that it's okay to go on and tell the world other people's business? Especially celebrities like us. It's not fair that our lives are always in the spotlight for the world to know. Don't get me wrong, I love people and I love letting them know things but not secrets or family issues. It's rude, I'm not apart of a soap opera or a reality tv show.

Anger rises within me. My fingers lock into a fist and my eyes glare out towards the wall. Why can't I get any peace around here? Most importantly, how the hell did someone find out(I know they've been putting the pieces together though)? They don't have any proof, they don't know their facts!

Zayn must've noticed the tension in me because he places his big hands over mine ane releases them from their fist position. Instead, he laces his fingers with mine. His eyes peer down at me and my body suddenly relaxes. Something in his eyes, behind the doubt, is a look of positivity- everything will (hopefully) be okay.

"How did they possibly find out?" I huffed. "I know we've been together a lot and you've been here but you told them we were friends."

Zayn nodded. "I told management that we are childhood friends and we were just catching up."

I sighed not knowing what to think or do. I have so much coming up- Sam and Cat starts being filmed in a little over a week, I have photo shoots,  interviews, conferences with management about possibilities of a mini tour. I'm overwhelmed and now that the world knows that Zayn's Delaney's dad, we can kiss the privacy goodbye. We aren't really private now- we go our on our own sometimes but now we are not going to be able to leave the house without an entire military base(exaggeration) let alone even look outside.

Zayn breaks me from my thoughts. "We have a meeting to go to. We need to be there soon so we should leave soon." I nodded. I guess we aren't getting body guards for the way there, huh?

"Okay, I will call down Delaney and give her the asthma medicine and then we can go." I replied, pulling out of Zayn's hands. "I would just lesve here here but my mom and brother are gone."

He nodded and pecked my cheek as I walked past him. A little smile takes over my lips as he did so. He always knows how to make me feel better even if it's just a little kiss.

When I'm at the staircase, I shout up to Delaney, "Come down now Delaney!" Not even 10 seconds later, I see her at the top of the staircase. I notice the reddening around her eyes and frown on her lips- she's been crying. "Come on babe."

She slowly walks down the stairs and holds on to the medal stair handle as she does so. When she finally makes it down, I take her hand, ignoring her stubborn protests to let go- because shes mad, and I take her into the kitchen.

She smacks my hand with her free hand and I've had enough. "Delaney Grace, cut it out now before I spank you!" I snapped, narrowing my eyes at the small 6 year old. She jumps back, finally freeing her hand and starts sobbing loudly. Angrily, I lift her up and sit her on the counter. "I have had it with you today, Delaney! You're going to your room for the rest of the night when we get home!"

She screams and sobs with anger and sadness. I ignore her as best as I can and grab the shot supplies from the medicine cabinet. When I've prepared the needle, I set it down and grab an alcohol wipe and lift the sleeve of her shirt. She continues to be obnoxious so I don't give her any time to spare after I've cleaned her skin. I press the needle in quickly and send the medicine through her veins.

"Mommy!" She cried but I continue to ignore her. I place a bandaid over the area and put all of the supplies away. I hadn't known Zayn was still in here until I see him leaning against the fridge, staring at us. He frowns at the scene of our misbehaved daughter. I shake my head in disbelief about her and turn around. She sits at the edge of the counter with her feet dangling so I walk over and put her down.