Chapter 7

Ariana's POV:

"Please welcome, One Direction!"

The crowd cheers and I try my best to hold in a groan. It didn't seem to work cause my mother grins at my actions.

"And I just can't let her go,"

The music is so loud, I crinkle my nose. I guess the song is catchy but it's so loud.

"Mommy is that da man?" Delaney pulled my arm, gently.

"Yes, babe." I respond, and watch her eyes grow wide and dark as she glares at the stage.

"She's a sexy animal,"

They jump around the stage like complete idiots but it isn't hard to tell that they're having a blast. I'm sure they're sweet guys..except Zayn.

"Mommy, I wanna go home!" Delaney's eyes fill with tears.

"Why babe?" I rub her shoulder in a comforting manner.

"The man keeps staring at me," She means Zayn. I glance up at the stage to see that he keeps moving his eyes towards us every now and then.

"It's okay," I cooed.

"I'm scared mommy,"

"Come here," I lift her from her chair and set her on my lap so she's facing me. She places each knee on either side of my thigh and leans her head on my neck.

"Awe, sweetie." I cooed when she lets out a loud sob into neck that only I could hear.

"Maybe the music is hurting her ears," Frankie said.

"Just take her backstage so she can calm down." He added and I agree.

Just as their song is ending, I stand up with my sobbing daughter and proceed to go back stage. I find the doorman and he lets me in. Then I walk around until I find a couch.

"Here," I start to lay her on the couch but she doesn't let go of me.

"Please mommy," She keeps her arms around my neck tightly but looks me in the eyes."I'm scared." She cried.

"It's okay, baby." I sit down and keep her on my lap. I rub her back and draw different designs with my finger to try and calm her down.

"Is she okay?" I look up to see his kind blue eyes and shaggy brown hair. It's Louis. . .great.

"Um, yeah." I respond, quietly.

"Are you sure? She seems pretty upset right now,"

"She's just scared,"

"Of what?"

"I'm sorry, but is that any of your business,"

"Well she's basically my niece so I'm aloud to be concerned." His tone is sassy.

"Your niece? No she isn't."

"Yeah, Zayn's her dad and we are her best mates. Therefore we are her uncles." He rolls his eyes.

"No you aren't. Zayn may be the dad but he sure isn't her father." The tone of my voice gets louder. Delaney doesn't dare to look back. She just stays in the same position and cries.

"That doesn't mean he can't start being one now." Louis points out.

"He's an asshole, he's never taking my daughter and he is never getting to know her. He doesn't deserve that."

"Who are you to tell what I deserve?" Zayn comes into view with dagger eyes. My heart stops, not because of him. But because Delaney is scared of him and he is right here.