Chapter 43

Good and exciting news mentioned in the authors note at the end!!

Quick question (which you should totally answer because.... You just should lol)

***How did you find my story?***

Please comment telling me how you did. Did a friend tell you about it, was it in the recommends, did you search something? Etc!

Thanks, I'd really appreciate it if you commented!

Ariana's POV:

Today's the day I've been dreading for weeks on end. Today's the day that Zayn leaves for their tour. This summer has been going by unbelievably fast and it's only overwhelming me to my maximum.

Delaney and I both aren't ready to be away from him for a while. I mean, we'll see him on occasion when we go to his shows or he comes to mine (when we leave for my tour in a week) or we both simultaneously have the same breaks in between but it won't be the same as seeing him everyday.

Delaney and I lean up against the couch and watch him carry suitcase by suitcase out from his room. We're at his apartment and we already were at my house getting some things he needed from there earlier.

"Could you not stare at me like you're going to miss me?" Zayn asked in a joking manner. "But seriously, it's bumming me out."

He places a luggage down on top of the three he's already brought.

"I don't want you to go Daddy." Delaney said, moisture gathering in the creases of her eyes.

"I know baby girl." He said with a sad tone. He walks closer and kneels in front of her. "I will miss you loads but you can call me anytime you want, okay? And we can FaceTime and then sometimes we can see each other in person."

"But you're leaving me." She said and a single tear slides down her cheek. He uses his thumb to brush it away.

"Maybe. But I'm always in your heart. And in a couple months, we will both be done with our tours and we can be together for a long time again." Zayn explained to our emotional child.

"What if I have a bad dream when you're gone? I need mommy and you." She continued to try and keep him from going.

"Then you can call me and I'll sing to you. We can talk all through the night, babe." He said and I begin to wonder if that will actually happen. For my sleeping sake, I hope not.

"But what if mommy is mad at me? I don't have you." She frowned and looked down.

Zayn uses two fingers to lift her chin to look at him. He then replaces those finger around her back to show some comfort.

"Then you can call me. You are always welcome to call me for anything." He assured her, planting a gentle kiss on her forehead.

"What if I want to hold your hand?" She murmured, eyes glistening again. "Or if I want a hug?"

Zayn makes a pained face. "Then hug mummy. She's going to miss me too, sweetheart. You can hug each other and pretend it's me."

Delaney looks over at me with tears sliding down her cheeks. I nodded at her, acknowledging that what he's saying is true. She looks back to her daddy.

"I don't know about this." She said, sniffling, speaking of the whole distance issue.

"You'll be fine, I promise you." He said to her. He then pulls her into a bear hug and lifts her up off the ground. He stands onto his feet and holds her tightly against his chest. "Your my favorite little girl in the whole world. you always will be."